• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Harmonica

Cool Harmonica

Looking for the best sampled harmonica. Any suggestions?

Re: Harmonica

I know this sort of answer comes across as smart-alecky, but when I needed a harmonica for a film I just bought a harmonica. In fact I bought the Toots Mellow Tone Chromatic. It was hard to find in a web search but I finally found it at Sam Ash.

Harmonica's aren't that hard to play, espcially when you can do multiple takes and cut them together. I usually do my recordings one phrase at a time. Plus there are so many expressive things you can do with bending and breathing, that it would be really hard to do that with samples. I feel the same way about sampled guitars; there are some great libraries out there (Hello Chris Hein!) but its seems better and easier just to play a real guitar, even if you're not great at it.

That said, zero-g has one:

venice, ca|paris, france

that is exactly what i did with a duduk

i just bought one and gave it a go.

Me too, I bought a harmonica... . I also have a nice one sampled in my Roland XP 60.... .

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

the Zero G is mostly loops and phrases. The multisamples dont really sound that great.
    the best harmonica i heard sofar is coming out of the Roland Fantom.
    Its a 2 way velocity switch where high velocities trigger a sample that has a bit of pitchbending in the attack.
    sounds quite convincing for a phrase or two.

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I have Sonivox Muse.

It seems as though everything they had on that instrument has made it's way to their line of DVI's.

It has a good sound, but was watered down w/ DEF when they mapped it over to Muse.

I now believe Muse was designed to be a giant high quality GM. Many instruments are very nice, and others leave you wanting more.

It was first to the fight when GVI was released so I bought it. For 400 dollars it's great way to cover a gig for little money out of pocket. If a begginer was to buy this and use GVI's included content, it's a great way to get up and running quickly.

If they say it has more samples in the DVI form, I would say buy it. As the single DEF version on Muse sounds quite good, but lack articulations.

Smile Re: Harmonica

Thanks for everybody's responses. Really appreciate it.

The harmonica in Reason is very good. The "harmonica wah" patch allows you to create the open/close hand warble very convincingly with the mod wheel.

Orcas Island

Talking Re: Harmonica

Here is a sample of Darth Vader playing harmonica:

Go Back to forum