• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why is there no separate forum for VSampler?

Share/Bookmark

Why is there no separate forum for VSampler?

I'm not sure where to bring this up, so I'll bring it up here. Why is there no separate forum for VSampler in the Software Samplers forum? It hasn't had a recent update, but it's a serious software sampler that uses DFD and has full control over filters and a well-designed interface (which the most recent version of Halion adopted). Kontakt, once you wade through its cumbersome interface, only recently let users create additional envelope stages that weren't locked into repeating loops. VSampler let you create over 40 envelope stages for the filter two years ago, and with a bigger display.

I'm not just complaining. VSampler lacks covolution, but it's still one of the best soft-samplers, and has by far the best control over filters and velocity scaling.

Re: Why is there no separate forum for VSampler?

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    I'm not sure where to bring this up, so I'll bring it up here. Why is there no separate forum for VSampler in the Software Samplers forum? It hasn't had a recent update, but it's a serious software sampler that uses DFD and has full control over filters and a well-designed interface (which the most recent version of Halion adopted). Kontakt, once you wade through its cumbersome interface, only recently let users create additional envelope stages that weren't locked into repeating loops. VSampler let you create over 40 envelope stages for the filter two years ago, and with a bigger display.

I'm not just complaining. VSampler lacks covolution, but it's still one of the best soft-samplers, and has by far the best control over filters and velocity scaling.
    For one, no one has ever bothered to develop libraries for it. The future of VSampler is unknown. It needs to be updated to handle K2 formats. KVR is the only forum I know where VSampler questions are handled.

VSampler is a very under rated sampler for making instruments. It's the only one I know that has an auto loop feature. I've managed to work it quite well without the manual.

There's also no forum for the Reason NN-XT sampler or the Mach 5 here.

This forum is owned by Mr.Garritan, contact him.

I was interested in VSampler way back when Tascam dropped the ball.

How does it stack up against Gigastudio in it's present revision?

We can talk about DFD and VSamp here, afterall, it was what got all of these apps started back in '98.

"Endless Streming Technology", was a patent from Rockwell International that Nemesys had to pay for. I am sure that Halion, Kontackt, VSampler and others jumped in after a workaround patent was released, saving them loads of R & D cash. That's why VSampler has it now.

I am interested in how good VSampler has developed over the past few years.

Please, enlighten us. Sometimes a good alternative app is critical to have around in case of disasters.

Thanks, JV.
    JimmyV

Quote Originally Posted by scope4live

I am interested in how good VSampler has developed over the past few years.

Please, enlighten us. Sometimes a good alternative app is critical to have around in case of disasters.

Thanks, JV.
    Well it hasn't been update in a few years. The latest version came out when Sonar 3 was released.

It's strange--I was thinking that VSampler was very old, too, but the last version came out in 2006. Will it be updated? No way of telling--the developers are maintaining the company's website, but not posting any information. I may just be hoping despite all odds that a new version will be released.

It's DFD works fine, and the filter controls remain by far the best of any softsampler I've seen. When I first bought the program, it was too advanced for me. Only when I went back to it did I discover how good it really is.

I'm not sure how it would stack up against today's Giga, since I don't use Giga regularly. I do know that VSampler will load vst effects and sounds good. The interface is excellent in terms of workflow--you can use shortcut keys (F1, F2, etc) to switch between the sample editor and the zones view and filter view, etc. The graphics may look a little old-fashioned these days, but they can be changed with skins. It's easy to work in, although it has extensive controls.

The thing that it lacks is internal convolution support. Soon, if 64 bit processing takes us by storm, it will fall further behind, but the demo on the company's site is well worth checking out.

I
    Really? Now where did you hear that from? Just rumors or wishful thinking? I only wish I owned this fabulous place.

For the record, I have no ownership interest in this forum. This forum is wholely owned by PapaChalk and DeSound.

Best regards,

Gary Garritan

Man or Myth.............................................. ...Mr. G.

Actually a developer and his lawyer. Not that it mattered, I have always watched this place for years regardless.

BTW your GigaHarp set the standards in GSampler years ago. Thanks.

Seeings how you temporarily descended from Olympus is it correct about the Steinway endeavor?

I have a real need for a great performing Grand Piano where I could incorporate sostenuto pedalings?

I sure hope that bit of information is true.

Humbly Yours,

Jimmy V.
    JimmyV

Actually a developer and his lawyer. Not that it mattered, I have always watched this place for years regardless.

Really James? Which developer and lawyer is spreading this misinformation so that I can follow up. I'm curious as to why a lawyer would be spreading falsehoods. I'm not sure why a developer and a lawyer would say this to you. What lawyer would have an interest in who owns a Canadian-based music forum?
    It's outrageous

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Johnson
    I'm not sure where to bring this up, so I'll bring it up here. Why is there no separate forum for VSampler in the Software Samplers forum?
    If there is enough interest we will consider it.

Well I have made a huge mistake and misquoted an inaccurate statement.

The original comment I read was that Gary G. and a lawyer owned this forum, so he was misinformed, and I added to the misinformation by saying it was a developer, and his lawyer. Wrong again.

I shall stick to the tips, and sharing of knowledge from now on.

My apologies to those involved.

I am relieved that Jake got his answer though.

Humbly Yours,

I wish you had an embarrassed avatar for me to use.
    JimmyV

Go Back to forum