• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Spectrasonics 3 years of development????

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics 3 years of development????

Eric,

Over 3 years ago i moved to Michigan and thought about buying Stylus RMX as it was just coming out. At the time you could buy the original Stylus and get a free upgrade. It has been over three years since that release and RMX was built upon an existing product (I know you dumped the UVI engine and wrote your own but the main idea was already there.)

Even with a small staff 3 years is a heck of a long time to come up with something new. I can only guess that you...:

1) Are coming out with something so earth shattering it will revolutionaize the industry.

2) have so much money you are spendiing time in the tropics thinking about starting your own space program.

3) Are bored with creating instruments...

4) Have adopted 93 kids like Brad and Angelina

5) are retired

Throw us a bone my good man... 3 years... 3 years... seems like 30...

All the very best,

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Spectrasonics 3 years of development????

#1 is the closest thing to the answer.

Except it's not just one thing. ;-)

Wink Re: Spectrasonics 3 years of development????

LOL!!!...

It's true,.. it seems like it's been "forever" since Spectrasonics released anything.

It's also important to remember however, that Spectrasonics released what are arguably the three most groundbreaking VSti's the industry has ever seen in their introduction of Atmosphere, Trilogy, and well...especially the stunner....Stylus RMX.

Additionally, as most everyone already knows, Eric Persing is "almost" solely responsible for all of your favorite sounds from Roland during the past few decades.

So to guess as to the "earth-shattering" nature of their upcoming releases,.... well, ...I can only say, I "believe".

I have no reason not to. Persing and company have "NEVER" released anything remotely close to "mediocre".

Though I have not met the man, my familiarity with his "Modus Operandi" over the last 2 decades tames my impatience with his company's pending releases.

They are the only "major developer" that I know of who "stayed at home" during the last several trade shows to "forge ahead" with their development of upcoming releases, foregoing the "exposure" of industry "face time",.... and having the the bold confidence to do just that.

I have no inside line as to what's coming. Needless to say, it's been an exciting fall season for new releases this year.

And as excited as I am to see any upcoming releases from Spectrasonics, my guess is that,....some time around Christmas and the 2008 winter NAMM, Spectrasonics will unveil a stash that is nothing short of their previous reputation of, well, "stunning"..... just a guess....

Eric gives up no clues prior to official announcements.....Sheesh!!!!!!

So I guess for now, I'll just leave things to my imagination and dream big!!!!!

I think to launch RMX we had a month of features, where each day a new feature would be revealed.
    Can't we have a three months of new features going on? One hint a day should take us through Fall.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Talking Re: Spectrasonics 3 years of development????

I like it, good sense of humor !!!

Well, it is fall not the end of fall but it is fall, let's see what is happening after all of the big companies have played their cards!

I m shure the Spectrasonics stuff will be great, as always :-)!!!!!

best, imusic

W H E N ???? !!!!!!

A friend of mine put it to me this way. Spectrasonics is like the little Asian guy in martial arts movies who stands in back silently observing a big fight. You just know he's going to do something ridiculously cool any second.
    Zircon Studios - Original music for media, electronica, sound design, and synthesis.

just like a swordsmith in ancient japan...he would only let the samurai use his katana when it's perfect.

(don't know if this is true...but that's what I would do if I were that swordsmith)

Patience, patience, patience...everything has it's time and place.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Aversa
    A friend of mine put it to me this way. Spectrasonics is like the little Asian guy in martial arts movies who stands in back silently observing a big fight. You just know he's going to do something ridiculously cool any second.
    Ha Ha, that one's just a perfect similitude!
    Yeah, we all can't wait for the new spectrasnics' stuff, that's obvious, but... I don't wanna push, I'm just (trying to) being patient, as I'm absolutely sure that it's gonna be released when it's best to be released (when it's fully ready, most of all) and I'm also sure that it will kill us all... so, by this time, I'm just enjoying my life, playing with the toys I already have!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Aversa

Yeah but a lot of dudes are dying in the mean time

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    #1 is the closest thing to the answer.

Except it's not just one thing. ;-)
    Eric, that is fantastic news - but WHEN?????? Before Christmas, after Christmas Q1. Can't ya just give us a clue here?

Go Back to forum