• Register
  • Help

Topic: Desperately Seeking RMX Install Solution

Share/Bookmark

Desperately Seeking RMX Install Solution SOLVED

Before I get to the problem I have to say hats off to Spectrasonics support staff. I've listed this topic on several forums with no viable answers. Once I gave all the known info to support, they offered to send new discs for only the shipping charge just to make sure it wasn't a defect on their part. Chivalry ain't dead! Service like that makes me a fan for life. Thanks Spectrum.

Now the problem. When using the windows installer to install RMX I get an interrupt at the fx portion of the install. It says there's an error renaming the file and gives the code MoveFile Failed Code 1816.(A quota error) After that it tells me there's not enough quota available to execute the command. I've disabled all quotas on the drive and there are 102.5GB left on a 149GB external drive. So far, my limited knowledge of windows installers leads me to believe that because of the many failed attempts to install using it, I've somehow screwed something in the registry since partial installs sometimes leave unwanted dlls and the like in place when you roll back the install. If someone has knowledge of how to install without using it(windows installer) or some computer work-around that this computer neophyte can follow, please let me know. I've already blown the deadline on one project but that's not nearly as important to me as being without my RMX. My girlfriend says if I don't get it fixed soon she's gonna break up with me 'cause I'm not fun to be around since it went kaput. Thanks in advance.
    -Rajay
    Last edited by rajay; 10-11-2007 at 02:36 PM. Reason: SOLVED
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Re: Desperately Seeking RMX Install Solution SOLVED

which is the file system format? NTFS or FAT32?

Quote Originally Posted by rajay
    Before I get to the problem I have to say hats off to Spectrasonics support staff. I've listed this topic on several forums with no viable answers. Once I gave all the known info to support, they offered to send new discs for only the shipping charge just to make sure it wasn't a defect on their part. Chivalry ain't dead! Service like that makes me a fan for life. Thanks Spectrum.

Now the problem. When using the windows installer to install RMX I get an interrupt at the fx portion of the install. It says there's an error renaming the file and gives the code MoveFile Failed Code 1816.(A quota error) After that it tells me there's not enough quota available to execute the command. I've disabled all quotas on the drive and there are 102.5GB left on a 149GB external drive. So far, my limited knowledge of windows installers leads me to believe that because of the many failed attempts to install using it, I've somehow screwed something in the registry since partial installs sometimes leave unwanted dlls and the like in place when you roll back the install. If someone has knowledge of how to install without using it(windows installer) or some computer work-around that this computer neophyte can follow, please let me know. I've already blown the deadline on one project but that's not nearly as important to me as being without my RMX. My girlfriend says if I don't get it fixed soon she's gonna break up with me 'cause I'm not fun to be around since it went kaput. Thanks in advance.
    -Rajay

Re: Desperately Seeking RMX Install Solution SOLVED

Quote Originally Posted by zeruyo
    which is the file system format? NTFS or FAT32?
    Sorry for the late reply my friend. It's NTFS. I guess you missed the word solved. Spectrasonics sent new discs but that wasn't the problem. It was in the windows installer. Still don't have it all sorted out but everything's loaded except the fx. Working on that now. Thanks for answering.
    -Rajay
    Sonar6PE,GS3Orch,GVI,Reason3.0,Batt.3,StylusRMX w/Exp,Trilogy,B4ll,VGuitar2,TranslatorPro,CoolEditPr o2.1, K2500XL,2xIBMM51P4530HT/80GBSATA/3GBDDR/350watts,2xWD149GBFW,Delta1010,MidiTimepieceAV,2x1 604,20/20,on & on..........

Go Back to forum