• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with kompakt

Share/Bookmark

Help with kompakt

Hi,

Forgive me for my lack of knowledge but im new to all this, could sombody please tell me what the difference is between COMPAKT, KONTAKT, and INTAKT is, i know there samplers of some kind, but whats the difference, any tips..

Thanks
    musicmad

Re: Help with kompakt

Hi musicmad

Kompakt and Intakt are "obsolete" sample-players Native Instruments developed for use with 3rd party libraries (EastWest was a big supplier). They have locked programming and limited adjustability. The sample pools for each were also restricted to the library they were loaded for. Both have been largely replaced by the Kontakt Player 2 (KP2), which can incorporate scripting. Kompakt was for sample-based libraries. Intakt was more focused on loops.

Kontakt (now version 2 or 3) is an open, user-adjustable sampler that lets you have far more control and add much more morph to the samples (and script your own effects). You can also create your own patches.

Reegs

Re: Help with kompakt

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Hi musicmad

Kompakt and Intakt are "obsolete" sample-players Native Instruments developed for use with 3rd party libraries (EastWest was a big supplier). They have locked programming and limited adjustability. The sample pools for each were also restricted to the library they were loaded for. Both have been largely replaced by the Kontakt Player 2 (KP2), which can incorporate scripting. Kompakt was for sample-based libraries. Intakt was more focused on loops.

Kontakt (now version 2 or 3) is an open, user-adjustable sampler that lets you have far more control and add much more morph to the samples (and script your own effects). You can also create your own patches.

Reegs
    Hi Reeg's,
    Thanks for that, cheer's
    musicmad

Go Back to forum