• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 3 bugs

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 3 bugs

I have it since some days and now I found a bug when I was loading EWQLSO Platinum XP... . It plays only the release samples.....

As always, oh nativeinstruments...... .
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: Kontakt 3 bugs

I found a bug when I was loading EWQLSO Platinum XP... . It plays only the release samples.....
    • accidental; - NI changed the nki and nkm format and "overlooked" an impoprtant aspect so that these sounds no longer play back correctly. This would imply many other instruments will suffer from the same bug. A shame there was no beta testing that revealed this bug.
    • accidental; -NI changed something else that only affects the EW orchestral instruments since they use some special programming. Too bad no beta testing with ew orch was done. This would imply only ew samples are affected.
    • Intentional; - NI was not too happy that ew developed their own software to replace the NI software player and decided to drop support for special ew programming features.
    No matter what, in case you are a professional you are strongly advised not to migrate to K3 but stick to K2 which is solid. The current K3 software is in beta (at best). Many reports speak of crashes. Better to wait until bugs are ironed out (a year or so).
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Quote Originally Posted by Michiel Post
    Better to wait until bugs are ironed out (a year or so).
    Says the competitor

Point taken there. No software is free of bugs on day one, we all agree on that.
    The thing is that many users need Kontakt on their IntelMac to use their kompakt based instruments at all. If major bugs like this one stop you from doing so, we can all agree that's an essential showstopper -not good for a $ 279 paid upgrade from kompakt-powered products.
    If it was a beta, cool, can happen. When I pay this much, no way.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

Kontakt2 stays untouched if you install Kontakt3.
    As far as I can see, there is no advantage for EW libraries in K3
    until the library will be updated to use the new K3 features.
    Michiel, do you think it will?

So, if you only use EW libraries, there is no need for K3
    If you want K3, it does not disturb EW libraries and others running fine in K2.

Where is the problem?

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

The problem Chris, is that it means you have to keep K2 around always.
    And also means that instead of just loading K3 in a project, I will also have to load K2 even if I am not using all 16 channels in that instance of K3.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

germancomponist, how does the Sonivox symphonic library work under K3, have you tested that yet?

Pay $280 for a Kontakt upgrade which fails is a problem.
    The minor enhancements in K3 over K2 (in search, data-base and UI) don't justify the update price if you ask me. Combine that with major fatal bugs and see where the problem lies.
    When K2 reached the market it was in the same beta B phase. Database creation crashed, convolution spiked CPU's, sample import crashed consistently etc. After a year K2 was solid enough for the real world.
    At least K2 was a major improvement with actual new features (scripting, convolution). In my opinion the list of new features in K3 is...uh,... thin, to say the least.
    Best regards,
    Michiel Post

But the fact that EWQL doesn't work on intel mac isn't exactly NI fault.
    EW could have choosen to update with the K2 player.... which they didn't in favour of their own Play.....but NI surely can't be blamed for that.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Thumbs down Re: Kontakt 3 bugs

It was a poor attempt to take attention away from Gigastudio 4's AES showing. Their current Alpha state, puts K3 to shame. Maybe they will have a functional beta by the time GS4 takes back it's crown.

I have K2, and GS3 / GVI. Afterall, to me it's all about content, I make money off of these apps., and buy content from you guys. I have had Gigasampler since '99 and use it w/ Creamware DSP cards for a great stable live rig now for 8 years!! K2 was purchased as Tascam dropped the ball, and I refuse to stay loyal when developers leave in large numbers. But K2 caused stability issues w/ me until I started using Bidule as a live host. They just seem to have too many problems with that app for me to waste more money. Tascam's got my attention after their AES showing last week. The fact that a developer even attempted a Pedal Steel Library got my attention. I had a rep from Harman taking video clips of it's performance. Looks like Tascam has done their homework, and made up for past short comings.

I have been using sampler apps since '99 live, as I replaced a rack full of Emulator IV's happily.

Hell, I even have your ancient Metal, Accordian, and Bells !! You have been around for a while and made some excellent libraries for all apps.

Thank You, I hope you plan on doing more for us. Just consider GS4 please. I refuse to do business with NI anymore after such an insulting upgrade. I could care less about the price. Just get it stable before using these free testing forums that save the R & D budget precious cash.
    JimmyV

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast