• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Contemporary: "Crimson"

Contemporary: "Crimson"

Hi folks,

I just wanted to let you know of a new piece I've just completed. It's my usual style - contemporary instrumental / orchestral.

Here's the link:

John Hawksley - Crimson.mp3 (6.43MB)

I know there's been some discussion as to the "purity" of a track to be considered a "Garritan" demo, so I'll forewarn you - this track uses GPO extensively, but there are many other libraries and patches also used. It's by no means a "pure" track.

It's great to see so many new (and old) faces using GPO and the other great Garritan products.

Well I hope you enjoy the piece, thanks for listening.
    John Hawksley
    Composition & Arrangement

Re: Contemporary: "Crimson"

Hi, John

I haven't been a member here quite a year yet - This is the first time I've heard from you. SO, Hello!

Just plain super track you've posted here. It's wonderful to hear a good solid piece of music done so professionally and with such confidence. I love "Crimson."

And since I've been participating here, the topic has come up several times about what restrictions there should be here in The Listening Room in order to follow Gary's guidelines:

I don't think there's any doubt that we don't consider the postings on this page as "demos" and they don't need to be done only with Garritan libraries. Gary asks in the "sticky post" at the top of this page that projects posted to "primarily" use Garritan instruments, but that to use other libraries and sound sources is perfectly acceptable. My own work generally uses quite a few other products worked in along side GPO as the foundation for my tracks.

Great to hear your work here--Thanks much for that!

Randy B.

Bellingham, WA

Outstanding! Orchestration, melodic material, harmonic content and structural form are all impeccable.
    My only quibble is due to me being old school, so I prefer endings to fade outs.
    To use a quote from "Hawkeye" on MASH, "gentlemen, we're in the presence of greatness!"

John 'awksley...John 'awksley! It is good to hear from you again. Where have you bean...uhhh been?

Blimey! What a great sound you have posted. I didn't want it to end. Needless to say, I enjoyed it very much.

Don't stay away so long again. Your talent is greatly appreciated .

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

There is no doubt you know exactly how to get the best out of GPO.

Well done

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Excellent piece that you have posted here. You really wrung the sound out of the instruments. Well done!!

Shelton, Washington State

That was the real deal there. I couldn't hear the tiniest thing wrong with it.

It was fun and uplifting to listen to.

Keep up the great work.

Fadin' out.

Thanks for giving us this to listen to. It is inspirational in quality and pristine in its presentation. Enough Said!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Very upbeat and inspirational. Would definintely work on TV. Thanks for posting

Solid and convincing, with just enough variety to keep the interest without losing the theme. Would be great as a TV theme tune or somesuch.

A nice change in listening. Enjoyed it!

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast