• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: woodwind trio (gpo classical)

woodwind trio (gpo classical)

I heard a couple of nice woodwind trio things from forum members, and it inspired to try one. This uses flute, clarinet and bassoon. Any comments are welcome.

UPDATE: 10/12/07. I have remixed this piece to correct some of the audio problems identified by listeners.

UPDATE: 10/15/07, Thanks again to listeners, I have changed the GPO flute player and cleaned up the CC1's to prevent a conflict that caused flute flutter.

Re: woodwind trio (gpo classical)

very realistic Jay !!!

the MP3 quality is rather poor, but the recording is very musical!!
    Simple and calming.
    You might try to replace the last flute note from a different flute, one where the looping isn't so exposed, and the fade appeared to be volume and not modwheel. Just a few little things but real nice music Jay!

Hi Jay,

Nice work. Very soothing.

I like the chord progression. There were some nice changes that I didn't anticipate, and they were pleasantly surprising.

I especially like the bassoon, having just received comments in the past week or so about improving the bassoon part to my own woodwind trio.

Keep 'em coming!
    Best Regards,

Shelton, Washington State

Yes, I thought it was a interesting and relaxing piece.

You WERE inspired.

I like that cozy small room feel I get with music like this.

I like your trio, Mr. Jay. Very original writing. Nice major-minor transitions. Excellent work.

Your mp3 quality leaves something to be desired. I hear an instrumental "fuzzy" sound. Things just aren't sharp and clear. Maybe another mixdown would correct this.

Larry G. Alexander

Thanks Dan. I plan to remix the piece to take care of some of the problems. I appreciate your suggestions.

Lunker, I am glad that my song was soothing for you. I usually try to put a little twist in the harmonic progression to try and make my stuff interesting to listen to. Thank you.

Phil, thanks for listening. I like the small room feel myself.

Thank you Larry. I do plan to remix this when I get home from work tonight. I think that I might have mixed this to loud and got some artifacts from that. I don't know for sure, but I am going to mess with it. As always, thanks for listening and commenting.

This is a very nice little trio ala 18th century. Thanks for sharing it.

I too would like to hear a little better MP3 quality and maybe a little more stereo separation. Please, just suggestions for sound quality, the musicality of the piece stands up well.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Some nice counterpoint. None of the players would complain about having a boring part!

I agree with comments about the ending - no wind player could actually reproduce that sound. A small drop in dynamic via the modulation wheel would sound more realistic.

That aside, I enjoyed this very much - thanks for posting!

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Very nice little wind ensemble that you have posted. Wow..that background noise is really strange. Mp3 conversion? But the piece itself is quality, very playable and should be published. Thanks for sharing it here.

Hi, Jay!

I'm really impressed with your work here. It's wonderful to think of how you got inspired by what you heard others doing, then you came up with - This!

Well, by now you've been throughly busted on the MP3 quality - It is indeed especially grungy sounding, and it probably can't be blamed totally on just the fact that it's an MP3, since we hear acceptable quality MP3s on a routine basis. Glad you're going back in to do another mix, there has to be something going on there at the source, peaking out perhaps - Just take a critical listen before going to the MP3 sharing stage.

Great work!

Randy B.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast