• Register
  • Help

Topic: Good News about Diva

Share/Bookmark

Good News about Diva

Sick of the hype yet? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Well, this may make up for that [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
    Diva will now embrace far and close mic\'ed samples.

Also, we have included a full octave of marcato vowels - sung by each soloist.

< ah, oh, oo, ee and closed lip mm >

Final sale price $199.99

Note: probably a 2 CD set library.

More great news to make up for all the hype [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

DIVA EXTENDED

Straight tone, sustained vowels from Soloist 1 and 2 ... ah, oo, oh, ee, mm.

10 additional Performance files from Soloists 1
    < A minor >

10 additional Performance files from Soloists 2
    < C minor >

Diva Effects:
    < Breathing, whispering, moaning, grunting, laughter, cries >

Diva Extended
    $49.99… registered user of Diva.
    $99.99… non-registered users of Diva

Thank you,

When you see the Diva banner - your soloists have arrived.

Re: Good News about Diva

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

[img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

That was hilarious! LOL! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Can we hear a \"teaser\" of those effects, Francis?

Also, this may be a newbie question, but why do vocal libraries include those strange effects? I noticed Miroslav has crying/laughing in his Classical Choirs also. Surely choral composers don\'t tell their singers to ever do this?

I\'ve heard grunting in a Crumb piece (modern/experimental composer) and Howard Shore uses grunting a little in his LotR score, but that\'s all I can think of. Or is this mostly for non-orchestral/classical music? Some rock bands like to use uninteligible whispering a lot, I\'ve noticed.

Edited to say: one more thing, just out of curiosity, what exactly did you sample them whispering?

The breathing is extended versions of inhale and exhale.
    The sounds the soloist generates before a note.

I used the same “effect” in my free legato flute and it does lend to a level to realism.
    Of course, when I master classical music at work (Flute and Harp mainly) … I strive, by request, to diminish the breathing noise.

The whispering is an air of haunt. They are not saying anything really. It is nothing more than murmuring in a soft whisper. Spooky. And so on.

The moans are … well, sorry to disappoint you there, Choco … not moans like that!

Essentially, it will be a special sound designed section of Diva. Similar to that of, SOV.

Sorry, no teasers ava as of right now.

Originally posted by Francis Belardino:

The whispering is an air of haunt. They are not saying anything really. It is nothing more than murmuring in a soft whisper. Spooky. And so on.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Play it backwards Frank. I\'m sure they say something really important when you play it that way.

Like maybe the release date? [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

You\'re sooooo funny!!

I said September(ish). We keep adding to the freakin thing [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Take care.

Sick of it? Ofcourse not, but perhaps one thread labled \"Diva News/Updates\" and then simply add to it when needed, that way all of the info is tucked away nicely in one thread. And you can still cause it to be at the top of the thread list each time you update it instead of starting multiple threads? Just a thought. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum