• Register
  • Help

Topic: $22 dollar orchestra...

Share/Bookmark

$22 dollar orchestra...

Re: $22 dollar orchestra...

I love how it's also sold as separate MP3 downloads. Hey, that only comes to $400!!!

yeah, my math gave me the same results more or less. With 0.90$ per track and 7-8 CDs with 90 tracks per CD, it makes sense.

YAY for mp3s

Well, it does say

And if you follow that link, you'll see that it also says:

Price: $50.57

Album Savings: $318.43 compared to buying all songs"
    Although I suspect that they wouldn't mind if someone actually wanted to pay them $400 for the set...???

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    I was like, first Garritan and Hunter, now who?!?! hehe
    Sean Beeson
    www.seanbeeson.com
    Composer for videogames, film and television

Back in the early days of digital, like 82, 83 I was working in a studio and some guy calls up and he asked me all about our equipment, I told him... At the end of the conversation he asked me if we had a sampler... I said yes, we had a Whitman's sampler... He said he's like to come over and see the place... I went to Woolworth's and bought a Whitman's sampler... the guy came over the studio, liked the board, the mics, etc and then said he wanted to see the sampler... I pointed over to table and I said, there it is... He saw the box of chocolates, looked at me and laughed for about 10 minutes... He booked time in the studio though... We got an emulator about 4 months after that...

LOL! Great Story!

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Funny story! Reminds me of how I got started in the sampling business.....

"Which nut do you want?"

Quote Originally Posted by tradivoro
    Back in the early days of digital, like 82, 83 I was working in a studio and some guy calls up and he asked me all about our equipment, I told him... At the end of the conversation he asked me if we had a sampler... I said yes, we had a Whitman's sampler... He said he's like to come over and see the place... I went to Woolworth's and bought a Whitman's sampler... the guy came over the studio, liked the board, the mics, etc and then said he wanted to see the sampler... I pointed over to table and I said, there it is... He saw the box of chocolates, looked at me and laughed for about 10 minutes... He booked time in the studio though... We got an emulator about 4 months after that...

Yeppers, that is the one and only Whitman's sampler.. .Who would know that it would inspire so many musical instruments.. Great pic Gary, very funny...

Go Back to forum