• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Finale 2008 & EastWest/QuantumLeap Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Finale 2008 & EastWest/QuantumLeap Orchestra

I was just wondering if the EWQL Silver Orchestra library will work with Finale 2008 and Finale's score articulations? I know most people probably use GPO with Finale because it's designed for use with Finale. I personally like the EWQL Orchestra more than the GPO.

Re: Finale 2008 & EastWest/QuantumLeap Orchestra

ronboykin,

It looks like the EWQL Orchestra is supported on Finale 2008.

List is here.

Make sure that you have the EWQl.dll(not sure of the name) in your FinaleVST folder.

C:\Program Files\Finale 2008\FinaleVST

annis,

thanks for the tip and the information link. I was not aware of this list! I take it that most articulations in the Finale score can be played by my EastWest Quantum Leap Siver Orchestral library?

ronboykin,

Yes. If it is supported, which it is, it should playback articulations.

I have a problem with my Mac Version of Finale 2008! I already have EastWest Quantum Leap Orchestral libraries on my dual G4 and Finale 2008 sees it but Finale won't let me use my headphone outputs of my Motu interface. Finale will only let me use outputs 1&2 (stereo) that feed my mackie mixer. In fact Finale 2008 won't let me switch to anyother output of my Motu audio interface! Finale runs fine on my PC laptop. I think this is a clear bug! Now I could purchase the Miroslav Orchestra Library to run it with Finale 2008 on my PC laptop. Would the Miroslav library be compatible with 2008? I don't like some of the Garritan sounds. l've run out of EastWest Orchestral licences!

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin
    Would the Miroslav library be compatible with 2008? I don't like some of the Garritan sounds. l've run out of EastWest Orchestral licences!
    You can't load it as a VST plugin, since it is Sampetank based and Finale only hosts NI plugins. You would have to run it as standalone or load it in an external VST host, like Bidule.

I've installed my EastWest/Quantum Leap Orchestra Silver library to use in Finale 2008. The library plays ok but the articulations, in the score, don't play. How do I get them to play without using keyswitch notes in the score? Or should I use keyswitch notes in the score and hide them?

Quote Originally Posted by ronboykin View Post
    I was just wondering if the EWQL Silver Orchestra library will work with Finale 2008 and Finale's score articulations? I know most people probably use GPO with Finale because it's designed for use with Finale. I personally like the EWQL Orchestra more than the GPO.
    Hi, I'm not sure this question has been fully answered. We've established EWQLSO will work with Finale but the question is about the playback of articulation, expressions - and I assume Human Playback. I've searched the web for tutorials and assistance on this to no avail. I have just installed EWQLSO Gold and it playbacks via Finale - but doesn't recognise the usual Finale expressions and HP. Can anyone get me (and others) started with this please? Many thanks, Graham.

Im thinking about getting finale myself. In order to play the east west library do you have to load Kontakt 2 or 3 first. Does it respond to midi volume witht the east west library, other words if I play a note soft or hard will it respond to that, if so that is all I need at the time

Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff4h View Post
    Im thinking about getting finale myself. In order to play the east west library do you have to load Kontakt 2 or 3 first. Does it respond to midi volume witht the east west library, other words if I play a note soft or hard will it respond to that, if so that is all I need at the time

Jeff
    Jeff, I've made good progress with this over the past few days and I have Finale 2008 and EWQLSO Gold working well together. Most of the HP articulations seem to be recognised although I've only tested a few. I'm using expressions and hairpins to control loudness via key velocity.

I get confused with all these different players! Having copied the EWQL dll into the Finale VST folder, I just launch Finale and select the EWQL samples. The player is already there but I couldn't tell you whether this is the one that came with Finale or EWQL! I think it's Kompakt rather than Kontakt. I'll check this when I get home and get back to you.

Regards,

Graham

Go Back to forum