• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A traditional-style Waltz

Share/Bookmark

A traditional-style Waltz

An original composition in the spirit of the old-fashioned Viennese Waltz:

MP3 at SoundClick

Rendered from Noteworthy Composer, all GPO.

Comments and criticisms always welcome.

Thanks for listening.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Re: A traditional-style Waltz

Gary,

This is very nice, and as you say traditional in style. It has a nice coloring and flow to it. Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

I assume you are going thru the library of your works and are changing them all into GPO as opposed to wrting all that you have been posting lately on a day to day basis. Keep it up. Never been into waltzs much myself, but know good work when I hear it.

If you are creating this stuff new since you got GPO, you sure work fast. Either that or I have lost all track of time, which is just as a credible possibility.

Either way, keep posting

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    I assume you are going thru the library of your works and are changing them all into GPO as opposed to wrting all that you have been posting lately on a day to day basis. Keep it up. Never been into waltzs much myself, but know good work when I hear it.

If you are creating this stuff new since you got GPO, you sure work fast. Either that or I have lost all track of time, which is just as a credible possibility.

Either way, keep posting

Ron
    Yes, you're right. I have about a dozen old pieces that I'm converting, one by one, to GPO. This one was originally written about a month ago.

Thanks for your comments.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Wow, Gary - the Fiziwig Hits just keep a coming!

I enjoy a good waltz, and this certainly is one. The light hearted airiness of it, its innocence, is so nicely evocative of by-gone eras. Really nice work.

Ron "Rolifer" is correct, isn't he, that you're reviving pieces you already have the MIDI files for, now sounding better than ever with your new GPO library? Because if you're writing all this stuff in the course of a few days--omg--I'd have to give up in despair!--since it takes me weeks, Months to get a project together.*

This one is a bit heavy on the reverb, but then again, that effect does place me in a huge ballroom, so maybe it's appropriate after all.

You're a musical champ, Gary. More power to you!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

* INSTANT UPDATE - Gary, you were replying to Ron as I wrote my post. I see your confirmation that these files have previously been done with other sounds/libraries. -- But you only wrote this a month ago!

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Wow, Gary - the Fiziwig Hits just keep a coming!

I enjoy a good waltz, and this certainly is one. The light hearted airiness of it, its innocence, is so nicely evocative of by-gone eras. Really nice work.

Ron "Rolifer" is correct, isn't he, that you're reviving pieces you already have the MIDI files for, now sounding better than ever with your new GPO library? Because if you're writing all this stuff in the course of a few days--omg--I'd have to give up in despair!--since it takes me weeks, Months to get a project together.*

This one is a bit heavy on the reverb, but then again, that effect does place me in a huge ballroom, so maybe it's appropriate after all.

You're a musical champ, Gary. More power to you!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

* INSTANT UPDATE - Gary, you were replying to Ron as I wrote my post. I see your confirmation that these files have previously been done with other sounds/libraries. -- But you only wrote this a month ago!
    Thanks Randy. No, I'm not THAT fast! I made a list and I have exactly eleven more pieces that I need to convert to GPO, and that will exhaust my entire portfolio. Then I'll need to start composing new stuff. I think I'll do my tango next.

Glad you enjoyed it. Yes, I did dial up the reverb for the "ballroom" effect.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Thumbs up Re: A traditional-style Waltz

Elegant waltz, Gary. You exhibit such great writing skills and variety, i'm so glad GPO found you. Bring on the Tango!!

David

A gentile and satisfying waltz, Gary; well made.

On the reverb, perhaps try a little less tail. Sometimes
    it's not so much the wet/dry ratio as it is having it hang
    too long.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    A gentile and satisfying waltz, Gary; well made.

On the reverb, perhaps try a little less tail. Sometimes
    it's not so much the wet/dry ratio as it is having it hang
    too long.

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    David,

Thanks for your input. The reverb was impulse, so I have no direct control over the tail. Maybe I should pick a different space; one with less tail.

--gary shannon
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Gary, you said:

"...The reverb was impulse, so I have no direct control over the tail..."

If you're using an impulse through the convolution available in KP2, once you've clicked on "edit effect," there's a parameter available for changing the length of the tail. Check that out.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast