• Register
  • Help

Topic: Serenade ready!

Talking Serenade ready!

I finaly found time to finish this little serenade, scored for strings and woodwinds. Please, some feedback would be nice.

my soundclick page, serenade in E major (4 movements) at the top of the page:

Re: Serenade ready!

When I was 16, computers were glorified adding machines. The calculator you use in Math class today could do as much and do it much much faster. You live in a time where a 16 year old gets the chance to play with an orchestra and you do it very well. I get jealous when I hear someone your age composing like this as I know you will only get better with time. Those of us that are older just didn't get the kind of opportunities that those of your generation enjoy today. Keep it up.

I think I enjoyed the first movement the best but it was closely followed by the 4th. I will let others comment on the mixing and the what nots.

Well done

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Serenade ready!

Very nice work! Bravo!!
    I found listening to these to be very relaxing at the end of the day.

I will also have to leave the comments about the recording and mix to others, although to me it sounded exactly right for this type of music.

I've listened with pleasure to all four movements
    of the Serenade, Danial. Very well done!

My best,

What a nice work, I like it very much!

Great work!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Very nicely done works, both in composition and execution. It's enjoyable to listen to works in the style of that period rendered with the GPO library.

I was thinking "No WAY he's 16!". I'm embarrased to think back on what I was writing at that age. Then I saw on Sound Click how much you have posted. Remarkable!

A fine suite here. If I may offer one small suggestion: My ears were asking for a change in key or chord use. Variety is, after all, the spice of life. Maybe incorporate more minor chords, modulations etc?

Otherwise, I enjoyed this very much and am in awe of your talent.

Talking Re: Serenade ready!

Thank you all for your kind words

And concerning the minor chords, I'm workin on it, since I'm self-thaught I may overlook surtain aspects, hence I don't fully master them.

Hello, Danial - Welcome to the best music bulletin board on the web!

And let me add, you are certainly a Great new addition to the group here. I think it would be super if more people in your age group would find us here and join in - Know any other Wunderkind composers from school? Direct them here!

I've had your 4 part Serenade playing in my studio this morning, and it's been like having a nice warm breeze wafting through. So very nice! You call it a "little" Serenade - I'd hardly call it "little" - it's Big in a gentle and very pleasant way.

You have a chance to educate me - why does the sub-title cite Lenhoff, but you, Zainali, are the composer - ?

Thanks for sharing the music - I hope you have a chance to take a listen to the wide range of pieces you can always find here in The Listening Room. Hope you come back again soon!

Randy B.

ah, yes, the Lenhoff serenade...
    I dedicated this piece to my good friend Ida Lenhoff, as a birthday gift for her.

Go Back to forum