• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 11 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Eric, c'mon... please... whats going on with the RMX updates...?

Share/Bookmark

Question Eric, c'mon... please... whats going on with the RMX updates...?

Hi Eric and all...

Much like the users in a previous recent thread, I have been wondering just what's been going on with regards to new development and especially updates to RMX...

My point being is that I've posted several feature requests in the past, and were talking quite distant past now! - all have been acknowledged as being relevent (although this one ( http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=42305 ) you said was "an unusual request"... and in a PM that right now you had "bigger fish to fry..." - which to be honest wasn't the kind of reply I was expecting, especially when fully understood is quite obviously a feature that enables us electronic musicians to be more creative and original... which surely at the end of the day should be the whole point of electronic music I would have thought... afterall, musicians often work in unorthodox ways, that's when the magic happens!) - response to pitch bend data and the pitch bend wheel is an equally creative feature that is well needed too... as is a more detailed search function etc...etc... - although clearly that one could be a far more complex addition...

Anyway, that's beside the point, I'm sure you guys are busy with whatever you are working on, but in all fairness it has been a very long wait for an update and I'm getting a little impatient, infact annoyed, especially as I am damn sure a some of these requests could be fullfilled in a small update coded in a relatively small period of time - I do a bit of coding myself - I know it's a tricky business, but I'm damn sure it doesn't take a year to add somthing like the feature I mention in that thread linked above... It makes me think you are not aknowledgeng the importance and usefullness of some of our ideas!!!

The bottom line is this, as paying customers surely we should get at least a couple of updates per year, theres not exactly a shortage of requests for cool new features on this forum, many of them very basic! - just a simple little update to keep us happy whist you work on your bigger gameplan (whatever mindblowing project it might be??) would be very much appreciated - I'm sure whatever you're working on will be great, I have faith in you guys, but whatever it is you're designing, please don't make us wait any longer, or force us into buying a whole new product and make us convert all our sample libraries again!! - please let us have a few simple feature updates for the existing engine first, I know I speak for many when I say it would be so greatly appreciated!!!

So to put my question simply...

Are we going to have to wait for an RMX2 for ALL these great new features that have been requested on the forum over the past few years (you must have had plenty enough time to code them all by now...) or is there a nice little update just around the corner giving us just a few of them to keep us happy for the time being whilst you have some more time to dedicate to you're secret new product??

C'mon, I think it's about time you let us know what the gameplan is, at least with reagards to an RMX update... is there going to be one..?

G

Re: Eric, c'mon... please... whats going on with the RMX updates...?

Dude - what did you ever do before RMX? Sure there's probably updates that could be made but get a life and be grateful for what you have. RMX has made it insanely simple for virtually anyone to use cool loops in their music and edit it easily. Just because we have a license to use a library doesn't give us special entitlements. I say be grateful for the fact we have an amazing tool. I waited 15 years to have RMX - I'm thrilled to have what I have. If one day Eric decides to improve RMX great!. If not - I'm thrilled to have the tool we have.

Thanks Eric.
    J-

Quote Originally Posted by J. Whaley
    Dude - what did you ever do before RMX? Sure there's probably updates that could be made but get a life and be grateful for what you have. RMX has made it insanely simple for virtually anyone to use cool loops in their music and edit it easily. Just because we have a license to use a library doesn't give us special entitlements. I say be grateful for the fact we have an amazing tool. I waited 15 years to have RMX - I'm thrilled to have what I have. If one day Eric decides to improve RMX great!. If not - I'm thrilled to have the tool we have.

Thanks Eric.
    J-
    Before RMX... haha! read my thread linked above, it explains all... of course RMX is a great time saver, but when you can see so many simple additions that could push it that much further... then why not..? - you can't deny, it's been a long time for an update... in a PM about a year ago regarding a simple feature request he stated he "had bigger fish to fry"... they must be well cooked by now...! - and as I've just updated my thread above to state, it makes me wonder if Spectrasonics really see the importance and usefullness of the features we request... as for "special entitlement" due to being a paid up user, well c'mon, give me a break, I'm not the only one to request a new feature or update...

Of course I have great respect for Eric, as far as I'm concerned Stylus and a little later RMX have been the most groundbreaking and timesaving pieces of software to hit the VST market since recycle... as I have said before, it is the kind of thing I used to dream about whilst chopping up breaks in my old Akai circa'92...

I'm sure they'll come through with something equally impressive soon, however, it's been a looooong time... when just a few simple additions over the past year could have made such a great difference to workflow and flexibility... if improvements can easily be made that will make existing customers all the more happy, then why not?

But hey, Eric, you're not the only one... Recycle has been in dire need of an update for years... thus the reason I've previously requested ZGR Import for Stylus... although somehow I have this feeling you might even be working on your own version of recycle... ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Invisible45
    So to put my question simply...

Are we going to have to wait for an RMX2 for ALL these great new features that have been requested on the forum over the past few years....
    Yes...but....

The list of requested things for RMX is way longer than you probably realize. It's easily over 500 items.

So we won't be putting all of those into the next RMX update. :-)

However, we do plan to be developing that instrument for many, many years...there's a lot that we have in the works for RMX (and for all our instruments and brand new instruments we are developing too)

C'mon, I think it's about time you let us know what the gameplan is, at least with regards to an RMX update... is there going to be one..?
    Sure, but there's been no announcement at all in terms of features or timetable. Only that we have a lot of interesting things in the works for RMX and all our instruments.

So I guess you'll just have to be patient. :-)

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Eric,
    Take care that you don't "patience" all your customers into spending their money elsewhere. Hmmm ....? Atmosphere update? - or - "Elements"?
    Yes, there are other great products out there, but I can't deny that whenever Spectrasonics next "thing" comes out, I will be first in line to snatch it off the shelf.

-A

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen McMahan
    Eric,
    Take care that you don't "patience" all your customers into spending their money elsewhere. Hmmm ....? Atmosphere update? - or - "Elements"?
    "Handful of promises"? - or - "Bird-in-the-hand"?
    Can't record with vaporware. Have overused and abused Atmosphere - like an old record now - need "new" sounds (glassy-eyed Homer-like stare.)

Stephen
    I've used and overused my Fender Strat, but I think I'll be able to keep making new music with it...and it's been around a few years more than Atmosphere.

Let's be patient...Spectrasonics has given us several quality instruments and I prefer their model of ensuring a product works (and works well) than what we got when Gigasampler came out (as an example). If you have run out of ideas with these instruments, then the problem is on your end.

And don't bother flaming me, GS users...you know it's true.
    I remain solely responsible for the content of my messages, and agree to indemnify and hold harmless northern sound source, and their agents with respect to any claim based upon transmission of my message(s). Rock on.

I am just hoping they don't come on in December, when I will have to choose between gifts for the kids or Spectrasonics stuff :-)
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Don't worry, it's time to tell them Santa Claus doesn't exists...

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx
    I am just hoping they don't come on in December, when I will have to choose between gifts for the kids or Spectrasonics stuff :-)
    rsp

lol.
    that exactly is the problem.They already know that, so they will bame if no presents..... If they thought santa existed I could have blamed him
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

I'd say that the top priority for Spectrasonics fans is certainly Universal Binaries of Atmosphere and Trilogy (any news or announcements in this regard would be well appreciated Eric!). I agree with those who say that RMX is a plenty useful tool as is. There's always room for improvement, but I'm pretty happy with what we've got in RMX. The FREE 1.5 update will keep me going for a while, that one really tied the room together.

And there is no way in HELL that I would buy Elements as a substitute for anything coming from Spectrasonics. AIR was soooooo disapointing for me considering that it is at the same price point as Atmosphere. So many limitations in that Kontakt "player" garbage. There are maybe 10 patches that I'll ever use in AIR, and they take a lot of tweaking to make sound good (but in all fairness these few sounds are absolutely excellent when actualized). But no ADSR? Please.

Go Back to forum