• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help with triggering

Help with triggering

Hey guys, what's up?! I have a stylus rmx question...please be patient with me, I'm still learning!
    What I want to do is be able to trigger the groove I put in section 1 by pressing a key on my midi keyboard, while at the same time be able to trigger a groove I put in section 2, 3 and so on... and be able to record the sounds I'm making. So far I can only hear what's in section 1 only.
    I saw the video on midi and trigger modes, but I'm not finding what I need. Am I missing something?

Re: Help with triggering

Awww c'mon guys, the crickets are louder than you's!

What is your host?

I'm using Sonar 6 studio edition. I've watched the video for Sonar but the version used is 4. Dragging and dropping is fine, but I'd rather trigger the sounds through my keyboard. Any ideas?

Just add the grooves you want to play simultaneously into your favorites suite. Select your favorites suite on part 1 and play in groove menu mode. The various grooves you added to your favorites suite will be arrayed across your keyboard.

Cologne, Germany

probably the problem was that your keyboard only transmits on channel 1. Try using another transmit channel?

RMX parts 1-8 are fixed assigned to MIDI channel 1-8. If you want to play more than one MIDI channel at a time (i.e live) for Groove Mode, you need a keyboard or software which permits splitting the keyboard into separate zones, with their own transmit channels.

But actually, Glenno's idea is a simpler solution, I think.

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas. Although I dodn't find exactly what I was looking for, Glenno's idea at least got my project off the ground!
    The grooves were on different keys, but it only allowed me to record onto 1 track, rather then the 4 I was hoping to get. I'm using the Korg k49 midi usb keyboard. I'm kinda confused as to why stylus has 8 slots, but won't let me record all 8 at one time, triggered independantly.
    Sorry guys, I guess I'm a real newb when it comes to this
    Again, I appreciate any info
    You guys are da bomb!

Go Back to forum