• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: SCARBEE releases Red Bass for Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

SCARBEE releases Red Bass for Kontakt 2

SCARBEE releases Red Bass for Kontakt 2

SCARBEE today released Red Bass a sample library made for N.I. Kontakt 2.2. Scarbee Red Bass is built on the samples of J-Slap'n Fingered, but has been reprogrammed to take advantage of our highly advanced scripting technology originally developed for Black Bass.

Three pick-up settings: Bridge, Both and Neck have all been recorded in both a fingered and slapped version - without the use of compression, tubes or EQ to ensure maximum flexibility in the sound production. Red Bass was designed to be very easy to play live. Almost all articulations can be triggered without any keyswitches. Eg. legato playing triggers hammer-on and pull-off, legato playing with sustain pedal pressed triggers slides, fast legato playing triggers grace notes.

SCARBEE Red Bass Sample Library for Kontakt 2.2 will be priced $199.00. Owners of J-Slap’n Fingered can upgrade for $49.00.
    It's available on DVD or as Download. User's Manual and MP3 demos are available the Red Bass product page.
    For more information, visit our web site at www.scarbee.com.

Features
    • More than 6000 samples
    • Real-time playable – with the exception of cross hammering and trills all of the articulations in the list given further below can be triggered without the need for any keyswitches. Eg. Hammer‑on & pull-offs are triggered by legato playing and fast grace notes by fast legato playing.
    • A powerful user interface pushing the Kontakt user interface to its limits: a fretboard display gives an overview of the playing position and for each string what fret and articulation (displayed as a unique symbol) that are used – dynamically updated as you play.
    • All four strings sampled.
    • Each string is monophonic so new notes abort earlier notes, giving a perfectly realistic bass.
      Automatic string selection – play and the script selects the most suitable string for you. Use keyswitches to limit the string choice or to move the active playing position (placement of left hand). The automatic string selection is tailor-made to work well with every articulation.
    • Automatic alternation of right hand index and middle finger samples (can also be controlled using keyswitches).
    • Convenient keyswitch mode – a keyswitch affects the following note or remains active as long as it's pressed – making it easy to quickly return to the default mode of operation.
    • Slide mode – play a note legato while holding the sustain pedal pressed to trigger a slide. The velocity will determine a slide speed. Slides use real interval transitions sampled in three different speeds for realism. It's possible to play multiple slides consecutively to go up and then down.
    • Chord mode – makes it possible for notes to be automatically assigned to the right strings even if the notes of a chord don't arrive exactly at the same time.
    • Control over release samples – random alternation between more or less tight (how quickly they are dampened) release samples where the proportion of each can be controlled by the user. Select a default release type and use a keyswitch to toggle between the default behaviour and the other type.
    • The sound of Mr. Scarbee's own fingers.
    • Bass recorded DI to give you maximum flexibility in the sound production.
    • EQ and Effect Presets - direct in the instrument user interface.
    • Integrated documentation for all settings – direct in the instrument user interface.
    Articulations and playing techniques
    • sustains
    • mutes
    • harmonics
    • hammer-on & pull-off
    • fast grace notes
    • slides – various speeds
    • trills & trill-tails
    • buzz-trills
    • cross hammering
    • chords
    • chord slides
    • percussive slides
    • index and middle finger alternation
    • two different sets of release samples: loose and tight.
    • pickup-hit noises
    • fret noises
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: SCARBEE releases Red Bass for Kontakt 2

Very cool, especially since I already have Slapnfingered and now can upgrade!

One question: What´s the difference between Red and Black bass really? Other than sound, are there anything, technically with all their programming, that I can´t do with both?

Quote Originally Posted by hebex
    One question: What´s the difference between Red and Black bass really? Other than sound, are there anything, technically with all their programming, that I can´t do with both?
    Please see the overview towards the end in the Red Bass User's Manual (PDF).
    Black Bass features a very large and detailed set of samples considering that it's just one instrument. Red Bass has somewhat fewer samples per instrument, but is on the whole a larger library - it includes both fingered and slapped playing styles recorded in three different pickup mic setups, so it's really six instruments in one package. Red Bass uses a slightly different slide triggering scheme than Black Bass which is probably the most important difference. Other than the slides the two instruments are played in the same way and things like auto string selection and the fretboard display work the same. The sounds are naturally very different though, so I recommend everyone to check out the demos.

Nils Liberg (Red Bass script writer)

I just bought the upgrade. Nice.
    I may actually finally use it..... ( I bought it a year or more ago cause the price was right, but it was so much easier to plug in my bass and hit record that I never ever used it on a project) Now with this greater playability it should get some use....
    thanks for offering this to us.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

hello

i just did the upgrade too !!!
    i can finally use it without touching the mouse and the key editor grrrrrreaaat !!!
    the sound is perfect.
    the only problem i have is it's pretty difficult to hit easily the mute sounds with my motif 8. i'll try tomorrow if i can change the velocity curve of the keyboard to hit the mute more often
    by the way, when i hit the sustain pedal, the slide plays quite randomly, when they want. is it a feature or a bug ? can anybody explain me how i must do to hit a slide EACH time ? thanks !

Didier.

yes I too am having problems with the slides, but as I just discovered that is because I didn't read the manual first. Trying to decipher it and try again.
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Hi Didier,
    Glad you like it!

Please note that long up-slides are not available on the highest fret numbers (other slides are available at almost all fret numbers). Also note that one cannot perform impossible slides, like starting on fret number 2 and slide down 5 notes. If you try to you get a sustain on another string instead of a slide. In order to make longer slides always work you may need to make sure that you start on a high enough fret number in case of down-slides or a low enough fret number in case of up-slides. You can control the left hand playing position by using keyswitches F4-B5 or MIDI CC#2 (it's possible to specify another CC# in the settings), so in order to prepare for a long down-slide for example you would move CC#2 up before you play the source note of the slide.
    Normally the automatic string selection works very well, but for long slides the script cannot see into the future and know whether you need space above or below the selected fret to perform the slide, so a little bit of manual control might be needed in some cases.

Btw. at www.scarbee.com you can reach the Scarbee Forum which is a good place to ask and find answers to technical questions.

Nils

Quote Originally Posted by kotori
    Normally the automatic string selection works very well, but for long slides the script cannot see into the future and know whether you need space above or below the selected fret to perform the slide, so a little bit of manual control might be needed in some cases.
    Unacceptable, make it read our minds!!!

I was long time thinking about buying Black Bass. Now I could not resist anymore... and bought black and red...

Congrats !

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast