• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Rumours about Garritan Choir and Bela D Full Choir

Share/Bookmark

Cool Rumours about Garritan Choir and Bela D Full Choir

Anyone got any news about these two longed-for choir libraries?

/Johnny
    Last edited by drjohnny79; 10-15-2007 at 11:06 AM. Reason: Forgot to put a silly icon

Re: Rumours about Garritan Choir and Bela D Full Choir

Quote Originally Posted by drjohnny79
    Anyone got any news about these two longed-for choir libraries?

/Johnny
    I wouldn't bet on either until 2009 at the earliest.

Maybe you´re right, tfishbein82.

My guess is that they will both be able to "sing words", probably better than East Wests choir, which IMHO doesnt sound convincing enough to justify the required time and effort.

My guess is that they will both be able to "sing words", probably better than East Wests choir, which IMHO doesnt sound convincing enough to justify the required time and effort.
    This is SO MUCH like bashing, and for no reason really.

you're compairing 2 non existant products with something that is out there. A bit plus for a product, don't you think?

right now EWQL SC is the only library that does that. It's got plenty of problems and I have perfect faith in Frank and Gary, both of which I value very much, as well as their products (and they know it ), but I just can't see the point in such a post, sorry. At least justify a bit more your post.

I think it does sound convincing if you take the time to work on it. Not perfect, but samples still don't sound perfect. Period on that.

Ranges are problematic, to say the least, and WB is really tough to work with.

but it does work. And I like the results enough to use it myself.

I'm not in love with EW, not by a mile, but...

Nikolas is in love with EW!

Just kidding.

Ok, sorry for bashing. What I wanted to say is that I personally am waiting for something that does a better wordbuilding than EWSC which I hope Gary and/or Francis will take care of. Is that so bad to write in a forum like this? It is my opinion.

/Johnny

I think the EW Choir is amazing and revolutionary. Sure it's got some quirks and takes a bit of work to get convincing results, but seriously, if someone told me 10 years ago I'd have a choir sample library that could READ--even imperfectly--I would have had them institutionalized.

I consider myself a pretty intelligent person with good problem-solving skills, but if you asked me to develop a system for triggering samples based on user-inputted phonetic text, and find ways of recording, programming, and editing those samples so that they transition smoothly from one to another, I wouldn't know where to begin (even if I had programming skills). I think it's pretty ingenious for a first attempt at a really cutting-edge-should-be-impossible feat.

EWQLSO paved the way and I look forward to the direction Garritan and Bela D take the technology. I haven't used Giovani but I know they have some rudimentary word-building in there. If Garritan can somehow incorporate their sonic-morphing thing to connect consonants with vowels, this could be pretty amazing. I just hope there is some consistency of language between the libraries so that we can jump back and forth between two or three of them without having to learn a new "code."

chris.

I totally agree with you chris. Sorry, if I sounded like I´m not impressed at all by the EWSC. However, things can be improved.

And then there's the VSL choir.

In production. Also, I suspect, not due until 2009.

What a feast of singing we have ahead of us.
    David Carter (DaveTubaKing)

Intel 8 Core i7 975 Extreme Edition 3.33GHz, Corsair 12GB (6x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz , Sibelius 6.1, Symphonic cube, MIR, Vienna Choir

www.davetubaking.com

I totally agree with you chris. Sorry, if I sounded like I´m not impressed at all by the EWSC. However, things can be improved.
    No problem, I wasn't trying to make you feel bad. Just voicing my opinion--I agree that there are flaws, but I'm still pretty darned impressed by EWQLSO Choirs, especially considering there's nothing else even remotely like it on earth.

chris.

We also have the VSL choir to look forward to. I'm getting ready to sell my firstborn as we speak. Actually I don't have any kids, so I'm getting my assistant to ply his trade on street corners instead. :>)

D

Go Back to forum