• Register
  • Help

Topic: GPO Studio doesn't support Kontakt 2.2.3

Share/Bookmark

GPO Studio doesn't support Kontakt 2.2.3

I tried the Kontakt 2.2.3 upgrade only to find out it didn't work with GPO Studio. Instead, GPO Studio loads the previous version of the Kontakt player but sounds cannot be loaded to the player because they have been modified for version 2.2.3

I depend a lot on GPO Studio. I use it with Sebelius 4 because I don't have the Sibelius bundle.

Is there any upgrade for GPO Studio that supports Kontakt Player 2.2.3?

Re: GPO Studio doesn't support Kontakt 2.2.3

Use KP2 standalone with a virtual MIDI cable. For PC, use Maple MIDI Tools or MIDI-Yoke. For Mac, use the IAC Bus.

Thank you very much! Maple Virtual Midi Cable works great!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig F
    Use KP2 standalone with a virtual MIDI cable. For PC, use Maple MIDI Tools or MIDI-Yoke. For Mac, use the IAC Bus.
    Can you explain exact how to do this? For MAc.

Björn

Quote Originally Posted by Slandrom
    Can you explain exact how to do this? For MAc.

Björn
    Go to MIDI setup and enable the IAC driver. Each IAC bus can handle 16 MIDI channels. So enable multiple buses to cover the amount of channels you need. KP2 standalone can use up to 4 for a total of 64 channels.

Next, call up KP2 standalone. Go to File > Audio / MIDI Setup. Click MIDI tab. Under the "Input Interface" section, enable the IAC buses.

In your application you're using, set it up to output to the IAC buses.

Thank you Craig!

That worked perfect!
    Now I can leave Studio for new projects. And I am able to assign sustain pedal to the steinway.

The reason for that I don´t want to use the player within Finale is that the patches reloads very often and every time I change file even if it is set-up the same way.

Björn

Go Back to forum