• Register
  • Help

Topic: Scarbee Imperial Drums owners ...

Scarbee Imperial Drums owners ...

... i have problems using the Kontakt patches of SID with Cubase.

The Kontakt patches output the whole kit on just 4 tracks (Direct Mics / Overheads / Room / One Tom only) but the HALion version does on 8, I believe.
    Is it possible to output more Tracks on Kontakt version so that I have better control on each drum?
    I finaly figured out how to change output channels for each drum but there won't be enough channels in Kontakt to output every microphone channel.

Re: Scarbee Imperial Drums owners ...

Where is a kontakt version of SID?

It's on my SID-DVD and downloadable for registered users from the scarbee.com website.

Yeah, I need some help with this, too.

Also, is there an easy way to mute (or delete) the ambient samples in S.I.D.?

Try this:
    Open Kontakt2 (full output dll.) Assign all 32 outputs to stereo - 16 stereo outs. Then save a default. Open SID. All the outputs should be accessible.

SID is great but it's a convoluted mess to operate.
    Good luck
    PCaudioLabs DAW - Win XP Home SP2 - Athlon 64 X2 4400+ - 2G - A8V Deluxe Mobo - 80gb EIDE (OS) - 80gb SATA (audio) - 320gb SATA Raid 0 (samples) - Tascam FW1804 - Cubase SX3 - Twin 23" Dell S2309W Displays - Tranzport
    Rabdaddy Studio website

A while ago I tried to output all drums on Kontakt's mono tracks (because they were recorded in mono) except the Ambient and Room mics of course.
    But I ran out of tracks in Kontakt so I didn't go on with that. Additionally Cubase uses to output to 2 Kontakt mono tracks on left and right side of a stereo track.
    Have you experienced this?

Go Back to forum