• Register
  • Help

Topic: MacOS X.5

Share/Bookmark

MacOS X.5

Mac OS 10.5 is shipping on October 26th. Has anybody in the Garritan Galaxy tested it against K2 and the Garritan products for compatibilty? I know there was a huge issue a few months back on one of the Developer releases.

Thanks.

Keith W.

Re: MacOS X.5

Yes, I am curious also, as I just read that Leopard requires 512 mb of ram to run, as opposed to 256 mb for Tiger. So will that mean we need more ram for a Garritan Library. My MBCB library is running just fine with full band scores with 1.5 mb of ram on an iMac core duo with Tiger. Will I need more with Leopard?

Bill

I'm also waiting to find out if it is Leopard compatible. Hopefully the declaration on compatibility comes soon, I'm waiting to order in Leopard as soon as possible.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Angry Re: MacOS X.5

This amazingly frequent updating of the Mac OS by Apple is costing us all time, money and lost productivity. When will this end? Or at least slow down to a reasonable level?

Thanks for listening, I feel better now.

Trond

Quote Originally Posted by CWillCalho
    Yes, I am curious also, as I just read that Leopard requires 512 mb of ram to run, as opposed to 256 mb for Tiger. So will that mean we need more ram for a Garritan Library. My MBCB library is running just fine with full band scores with 1.5 mb of ram on an iMac core duo with Tiger. Will I need more with Leopard?

Bill
    are you saying that it requires more RAM for certain instances, or that it is constantly eating more RAM? cause yikes, twice the RAM usage seems like a lot.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Quote Originally Posted by dnortana
    This amazingly frequent updating of the Mac OS by Apple is costing us all time, money and lost productivity. When will this end? Or at least slow down to a reasonable level?

Thanks for listening, I feel better now.

Trond
    I don't mean to sound rude, but you don't have to update. The same thing happened with Windows XP vs. Vista; some updated, some didn't.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Anthony,
    You don't sound rude at all, and of course you're right, it is a matter of personal choice to upgrade or not, at least for us consumers. Do you feel differently, that the changes in OS do not cost you lost time and money?

Trond

Anthony,
    Do you feel differently, that the changes in OS do not cost you lost time and money?
    They don't really cost me money, I'm only a student right now, but they do cost time to learn the differences and iron out the kinks. Personally, I think it's better to wait then to be one of the first to have "the best"
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Anthony,
    You don't sound rude at all, and of course you're right, it is a matter of personal choice to upgrade or not, at least for us consumers. Do you feel differently, that the changes in OS do not cost you lost time and money?

Trond
    This is the first major (and for $$$) upgrade from Apple in 2 years. The big speed bump in Appledom was the transition to Intel Processors from IBM/Motorola PowerPC Processors. It was a necessary transition and all Mac users are the better for it, despite the problems it caused the Development community. Apple does a darn site better job than Microsoft in the "for $$$" upgrade programs dept., e.g. a "5-pack" upgrade for your entire family is $199. One copy of "Ultimate Vista" is more than that...

Keith W.

Go Back to forum