• Register
  • Help

Topic: buying the gpo

Share/Bookmark

Question buying the gpo

guys, when i installed finale2008 last month, of course, it came with a gpo ALMOST complete. however, after talking with michel, mats, and others here in the forum about the inability to do muted horns, i have learned that finale does not include that portion of gpo (the KS horns) and i will need to purchase gpo from garritan.
    question: since i already have some gpo in the finale folder from the installation of the notation, do i have to get rid of that part before i can install the total gpo - and would it go into the finale folder as well? any advice any of you might have from a simillar experience is apreciated much

Re: buying the gpo

full-version GPO installs separately from Finale-edition GPO.

it also needs to be registered/authorized separately.

there is no need to uninstall the Finale-edition library, there are actually a few advantages to having that library installed as well.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy

there is no need to uninstall the Finale-edition library, there are actually a few advantages to having that library installed as well.
    I would be interested to know what these advantages are? I'm considering buying Finale 2008 and I already have GPO and JABB installed on my PC.

the Finale edition solo strings have sampled tremolo, for example.

thank you michel. what is your advice on where to put the complete GPO? it should go INSIDE the finale2008 folder, shouldn't it? or is that confusing for the software?

GPO is installed into its own directory.

the only thing that is needed (or WAS needed with previous versions) is the VST.dll file (I forget its exact name) which should be in the Finale 2008 VST folder.

I SEEM to recall that when I upgraded my GPO to the Kontakt 2 player, it automatically did the proper installation and copying of files for me. I MIGHT be wrong. But I do remember not having any trouble getting Finale 2008 and GPO to work perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by qccowboy
    the Finale edition solo strings have sampled tremolo, for example.
    OK. Thank you.

Thumbs up Re: buying the gpo

thank you so much michel - excelente
    ding

Go Back to forum