• Register
  • Help

Topic: Moods (2)

California Redwoods

Moods (2)

A while back, I began a projected 7 part suite, "Moods", then lost the mood to continue. The latest addition:

Moods (2)

Previous. in case you want to hear them together.
    Moods (1)

Each is about 3 1/2 minutes. Both use GPO Steinway and Sonar.

Re: Moods (2)

Hi, Richard - (no re-christening this time - in joke from a post awhile back)

I'm glad to see you back with a post, seems like it's been awhile.

Moods 2 - Playfully pensive perhaps? Really nice mood shift when the lower octaves came into play about half way through.

It actually resolved to a held chord at the end--took me by surprise.

I count on you to take me to new places. You didn't fail me this time, or ever. Thank you.

Randy B.

This piece is certainly imbued with your own specific, special genius for composition. As usual, I needed to listen a few times before I even came close to catching half of what you have going on. This is top, top quality stuff in its own right. Thanks for sharing with us here again.

Wilton, NH

I really enjoyed both of these. They portray such different, well, uhm… moods. Strangely enough, something about mood 2 reminded me of “jazz”. Nothing or nobody in particular, it just seems to have a more jazzy feel to it than I usually hear in you music. I always enjoy your work and this is no different.
    Trent P. McDonald

I hear in this some reminiscences of the "water phase" you
    went through a while ago... like the way this shifts to a
    deeper (in more ways than one) expression in the latter
    segment of it.

Quite a contrast from the aethereally suspensive implications
    of Moods 1; yet one feels the connection with surety.

This should make a handsome suite, Richard!

My best,

Richard - had a listen and was quite pleased with your work on this - This is a bit out there but nevertheless listenable which is a achievement by itself. I enjoyed it very much!

Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

no 2 is gorgeous ! I find the hypnotic, gentle rhythmic bounce of this very attractive. The "improvised" feel of the melodies is great. It sounds so naturally evolving into more and more complex thoughts.

I must have missed the first post (I am fairly pressed for time at the moment) : no 1 is such a splendid blanket of sound surrounding me. It is so beautiful. I say this every time you come out with a new work, my favorites playlist is rapidly filling up with your music... thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

I am glad that you posted mood 1 because I somehow missed it!!!! My miss fortune...................I love your use of space and relationships in this.....the very subtle use of pulse for momentum..........your use of the piano's sonorities and their echo's.........I really liked it........I cannot wait untill the next mood.....

three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Very cool, Richard!

I don`t know another Pianoplayer here who plays this/your style.

Very great!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I just got to hear these now. LOVE THEM! That is just the sort of thing I like to experiment with, sat at the piano drifting off into my own world. Except this is much more polished.

Very evocative. Fine writing, sir!

Go Back to forum