• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius 5.1 is released

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius 5.1 is released

We're pleased to announce the release of Sibelius 5.1. This upgrade adds and enhances several features, including

* Significant enhancements to playback and mixer
    * Input maps for keyboards and controllers
    * MS Windows Vista enhancements
    * Mac OSX Spotlight and Quick Look importers
    * MusicXML 2.0 support

plus many fixes.

For more details, see http://www.sibelius.com/helpcenter/u.../sib5_1_0.html

David Harvey
    Head of Technology

Re: Sibelius 5.1 is released

That's great!

I immediately downloaded the Sibelius 5.1 upgrade and the Sound Set Editor. I used the link of the Sibelius site to download Adobe Air. Installed Air and tried to install the Sound Set Editor.

However, I get an "Installation Error" message saying "This application requires a version of Adobe Air which is no longer supported. Please contact the application author for an updated version."

What now?

Thanks
    Ron
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Ok...another problem.

I just installed the 5.1 update and get and error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002)"

I am now without Sibelius and I depend on it for my work.

Problem with the 5.1 installation procedues is that you have to UNINSTALL 5.0 to install 5.1. So now I can't roll back to 5.0 without getting out the program CD, etc.

So now I'm dead in the water with deadlines looming!!!

HELP!

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

While this is cold comfort to you now, *never* do a version upgrade mid-project unless it supposedly fixes something that has to stalled in the water...

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    Ok...another problem.

I just installed the 5.1 update and get and error message "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc01500002)"

I am now without Sibelius and I depend on it for my work.

Problem with the 5.1 installation procedues is that you have to UNINSTALL 5.0 to install 5.1. So now I can't roll back to 5.0 without getting out the program CD, etc.

So now I'm dead in the water with deadlines looming!!!

HELP!

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Well, I read on the Sibelius tech support chat page that it is necessary to uninstall Sib 5 before installing the upgrade to 5.1. Do not unregister, just uninstall.

Richard

There was also the possible problem that since it's such a big download, that there's the possiblity of corruption during download. Try using a download manager to download the file. I used Free Download Manager, so it works really great. http://www.freedownloadmanager.org/
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Quote Originally Posted by ChoralBoss
    I immediately downloaded the Sibelius 5.1 upgrade and the Sound Set Editor. I used the link of the Sibelius site to download Adobe Air. Installed Air and tried to install the Sound Set Editor.

However, I get an "Installation Error" message saying "This application requires a version of Adobe Air which is no longer supported. Please contact the application author for an updated version."
    Which version of AIR did you download? I notice that the Adobe web page has two versions - Adobe AIR Beta 2 and Adobe AIR Beta 1 (the latter at the end of the web page).

I have just started downloading this software, so I'll try installing it myself when I get home from my day of errands and appointments! Will report back on how I go.

David

Download beta 1, beta 2 doesn't work with SSE.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

Go Back to forum