• Register
  • Help

Topic: "Crystal Anniversary" for glass instruments

"Crystal Anniversary" for glass instruments

Today is our 15th anniversary!

A couple of days ago, I had a great idea. Since the 15th anniversary is associated with crystal, and since I had a modest collection of sampled glass instruments, why not write a piece with them as an anniversary present?

So that's what I did yesterday. I only had about 3 hours to write and record it, but I was able to play it for Martha this morning and she loved it! Now I get to share it with everyone else.

Crystal Anniversary

Instruments used include VSL's now defunct Glass and Stones (melody is Glass Harmonica occasionally doubled with Musical Glasses; "rhythm track" is Glass Harmonica and Verrophone played with mallets) and Bolder Sound's Crystal Glasses and Meditation Bowls.

Because I didn't really have enough time to work on it, it's a little rough around the edges, but I hope you like it.
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

Re: "Crystal Anniversary" for glass instruments

First of, it's an amazing idea! May you live to 50 (the gold aniversary?) and get golden instruments to play with!

The track itself, sounds pretty much amazing! Very well rendered and very original. Very sweet as well! And nicely mixed.

In all it is perfect! Well done and may you always be happy

this is absolut excellent!!!

A great work you did here! BRAVO!

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Germantown Maryland

Very nice indeed! I'm sure that it made your wife feel very special, and that you likely have some extra credit for a while. Great idea and inspirational. Thanks for sharing....

Go Back to forum