• Register
  • Help

Topic: YT Independence Free crashes

Share/Bookmark

YT Independence Free crashes

I finally managed to download and install Yellow Tools Independence Free. It seems to work fine in Cakewalk Sonar - if it is the only virtual instrument installed. However, when I add an instance of it to any project that has an instance of Kontakt2, etc. it crashes.

The error messages aren't very helpful. It says that the independence dll is the module that is at fault. The exception code is "c0000005" at address "6195FC8D:00000002:0012DA50".

Also, Yellow Tools doesn't seem to have provided an uninstaller. And, if I go into Win XP Pro's control pannel, there is no entry for Yellow Tools Independence Free.

Re: YT Independence Free crashes

If you want to uninstall it, just delete the folder where it is installed.
    Marcelo Colina

I found that the stand alone worked, but loading it into my sequencer (Logic 5 on a PC) didn't. I see Midi 'light' blinking, but no sound.

Rob

I may be wrong but, I don't think just deleting the folder where Yellow Tools are installed will completly remove it from the hard drive. I recommend using an uninstaller such as "Your complete uninstaller 06'". This program is great for completly removing a program, regestry entries, key loggers etc. that the "add/remove" programs option from the control panel doesn't remove. Just a thought you might try.

Jaker "Shaver"
    "A wrong note played timidly, is still a wrong note. A wrong note played with authority, is improvisation."

Interesting. This seems similar to my problem when I try to use Guitar Rig 2 and Konakt 2 in Sonar 7. When I try to reopen the project it freezes. It works fine with either one of these but not both (and it works okay with just Guitar Rig 1 or just Kontakt 2, and it worked fine with both plug-ins in Sonar 3.1.1).

Anway, this is how Cakewalk responded to my e-mail:

Thank you for contacting Cakewalk Technical Support. Please try going
    to Options | Audio and uncheck "64bit Precision". Then open the
    project with Guitar Rig.

If that fails, try installing the plugin to a new VST location like
    C:\VST. Then go to Options | Global | VST Plugins, click the Add
    button and browse to the folder where the new plug-ins are installed.

Now click Scan VST Folders. You may want to check your Folder Default
    settings as well. You can change the Plug-in properties on each VST
    individually under Tools | Plugin Manager.

Please let me know if this works for you.
    Maybe this will work for you. Let us know.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Yellow Tools Independence does not write anything to the registry.
    It uses a simple *.ini file (just like the olden days before registries).
    So you can simply delete the YT folder and the program will be completely removed from your system.

I do agree with Shaver however, that simply deleting the program folder in Windows is normally not a good method for uninstalling programs.

Ben H

Quote Originally Posted by shaver
    I may be wrong but, I don't think just deleting the folder where Yellow Tools are installed will completly remove it from the hard drive. I recommend using an uninstaller such as "Your complete uninstaller 06'". This program is great for completly removing a program, regestry entries, key loggers etc. that the "add/remove" programs option from the control panel doesn't remove. Just a thought you might try.

Jaker "Shaver"

Go Back to forum