• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Pick Up Sticks"

Share/Bookmark

"Pick Up Sticks"

Y'all,

Here is my "Pick Up Sticks".

On your left you will hear the GPO symphonic marimba and on the right is the JABB vibes.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Re: "Pick Up Sticks"

Always such a pleasure to hear your music Alexander the Great!!! Absolutely brilliant baroque work here. Original yet similar. Strong melodic harmonies. Brilliant textures, rhythms. Everything is just beautiful. I can always count on you to bring more music to the table. Hopefully sooner than later!!

P.S. I had to come and edit my comment, because I'm still listening, and I just wanted to say I didn't even notice the modulation for about 30 seconds, because it was just so smooth.
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr
    Always such a pleasure to hear your music Alexander the Great!!! Absolutely brilliant baroque work here. Original yet similar. Strong melodic harmonies. Brilliant textures, rhythms. Everything is just beautiful. I can always count on you to bring more music to the table. Hopefully sooner than later!!

P.S. I had to come and edit my comment, because I'm still listening, and I just wanted to say I didn't even notice the modulation for about 30 seconds, because it was just so smooth.
    My goodness! Thank you, Mr. Tuba. I need you around all of the time to keep my ego elevated.

I appreciate your kind words.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

What, you mean you've only written one piece this morning?! You're slacking off!!!!

Another great "get me going" piece for first thing in the morning. Loved the interplay between instruments.

Simply spiffing!

Owen

Quote Originally Posted by englishgent
    What, you mean you've only written one piece this morning?! You're slacking off!!!!

Another great "get me going" piece for first thing in the morning. Loved the interplay between instruments.

Simply spiffing!

Owen
    Spiffing? I say Old Chap, you Brits talk funny!

Thanks for 'aving a go at this work.

Toodle Pip,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

A delightful romp. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Greetings, Larry - I just knew I could count on you for providing a worthy diversion during this short break I'm taking from this morning's tasks at hand.

Very neat combo of the two instruments, and you have them deftly winding around the trademarked Alexander-style classical turns I enjoy so much.

These percussionist are in a very tight Anachoic chamber--as in, no walls bouncing back the sound - Maybe they like their martinis very dry also.

Thanks for yet another musical delight, Larry.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    A delightful romp. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.
    I appreciate your listening and giving your comments. Thanks.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Greetings, Larry - I just knew I could count on you for providing a worthy diversion during this short break I'm taking from this morning's tasks at hand.

Very neat combo of the two instruments, and you have them deftly winding around the trademarked Alexander-style classical turns I enjoy so much.

These percussionist are in a very tight Anachoic chamber--as in, no walls bouncing back the sound - Maybe they like their martinis very dry also.

Thanks for yet another musical delight, Larry.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Yo, Bowser! What up!

Thanks for your good review. It's appreciated.

Regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Larry:
    Are you getting a little hunched over from carrying around all of the accolades folks keep heaping on you? Regardless, they are well deserved. What a delight your musical imagination (and skill) is.

I would offer a more appropo title (due to our collective ages):
    "When I Grow Too Old to Drum, I'll Have You to Marimba!"

sos

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast