• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Trilogy - looking for opinions

Share/Bookmark

Trilogy - looking for opinions

I'd love to hear from anyone currently using Trilogy as to how they use the product and what their general impressions are.

I'm having a very hard time understanding why the price point is so high - i assume that I just don't understand the instrument fully (yup, I've watched the demo video).

Thanks,
    Shaun

Re: Trilogy - looking for opinions

Trilogy is the master of sound, but I'd like to know what midi files could compliment it for movement.

Certainly Spectrasonics can handle this.

After using Virtual Guitarist 2, I love sweet grooves.

Would love an update with Trilogy embracing hot moves. If it is not possible, then I'll have to look elsewhere and what a shame for such great instrument.

Still, I love Trilogy. Spectrasonics rules.

Are there great files that work with Trilogy?

Ron

repeat message

repeat message

Tripple posts is that a delay, spring reverb or a ground loop?

LOL...
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

I get it - Trilogy - triple posts ...

Shaun
    Shaun
    Shaun

It was a mistake . . . mistake . . . mistake

Still interested in bass midi files to study that woul d compliment the wondrous sounds of Trilogy.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by shamca
    I'd love to hear from anyone currently using Trilogy as to how they use the product and what their general impressions are.

I'm having a very hard time understanding why the price point is so high - i assume that I just don't understand the instrument fully (yup, I've watched the demo video).

Thanks,
    Shaun

I mainly use Trilogy (or did before my Intel Mac) for Upright and synth bass things. It's terrific overall, although my biggest gripe with it has been that I find the upright bass dynamics to seem very limited. It often seems like the patches only have two settings:

1 Loud, and

2 "Man, that's REALLY loud" with even the occasional

3 "No bass player strikes the strings that hard" setting rearing it's head.

There are rumors of yet a hidden FOURTH layer known as "I really hate to be this kind of person but I will call the police if you don't turn that down" somewhere in Trilogy, but it's been elusive to nail down, and seems to show up in the middle of tracks on just one or two notes here and there. There are few midi tracks I do with Trilogy upright bass patches that don't need single note editing somewhere .....

I would rate it third in how often it gets used around here....with first being RMX, and second Atmosphere....all are great products however.

JMHO
    TH
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Tom....use the "SENS" knob in Trilogy's Amp Envelope section to increase the dynamics. You can get it as sensitive as you like and extremely dynamic if that better fits your keyboard or playing style. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Tom....use the "SENS" knob in Trilogy's Amp Envelope section to increase the dynamics. You can get it as sensitive as you like and extremely dynamic if that better fits your keyboard or playing style. :-)

Thanks Eric, I've always just fooled with my keyboard settings, reading the manual would probably have helped.... I will try that....

Tom
    "Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons." --Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949

Go Back to forum