• Register
  • Help

Topic: MIDI Control Surface for programming dyn crossfades etc.

Share/Bookmark

MIDI Control Surface for programming dyn crossfades etc.

I\'d like to find a small 4-8 fader midi control surface with a nice feel to it for programming, volume, dyn-exp etc.. Obviously I\'d like to assign each fader to a different controller/and or channel. It be very cool to be able to conduct a string section across 4 midi channels simultaneously for example. What models are you guys using? I\'ve been using the faders on my digital mixer up to this point, but I need something smaller and more programmable that will sit on my controller keyboard.

Thanks,

Colin

Re: MIDI Control Surface for programming dyn crossfades etc.

Hi Colin, I\'m using this one; http://www.evolution.co.uk/moreinfo/hardware/uc33.htm

It is very simple to assign a midi CC to a fader and it remembers your settings after you turn it off. (Not all controllers do this!)

It also has preset configurations for some VST\'s like Pro53, B4, and Cubase SX.

Oh, its also USB so doesnt require a power supply.

Cheers, Scott.

Thats a handy lookin controller... Gotta have it =)

Cheers

Wow,

That is excatly what I have been looking for! A nice USB controller with faders, that doesn\'t cost a billion dollars.
    Is there any one ( with an online store) that sells them in the USA ?

Thanks,

Hi Guys, I found this on their site;

http://www.evolution.co.uk/distributors/usa.htm

Apparently you can buy them through your local music shop. They only just hit Australia in the last couple of months so might be pretty new in the states too.

Regards, Scott.

Go Back to forum