• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help choosing a pro audio card

Share/Bookmark

Help choosing a pro audio card

Hi,

This is in response to the replies from my last post concerning a pro audio card. Myself, musician composer, my purpose, to create music for retail to the public, my equipment, i will be working with either sonar or cubase for the sequencer, VST plugins from east-west, midi device- yamaha P120 digital piano, (SPECS) Aux Out:L and R (Level Fixed) Pin Jacks, Aux Out:L/L+R and R Phone Jacks, Midi in/Out, Host Select, to Host. PC, Windows XP (SP2) Home Edition, Intel (R) Pentium (R) 4 CPU 3.40Ghz, 3.41Ghz, 1.00Gb of Ram. I'm a solo musician not a band, will be working with one device directly with midi and the VST plugins to the host sequencer. I´ve researched upon M-audio's fast-track pro audio/midi interface,249.95 i think this product would be very good for low latency and musical perfomance on a hole, but being new to the world of music production i still need advice and opinions, given the latter, would anybody recommend this product for my set up?? "any tips"..

Thanks
    Musicmad

Re: Help choosing a pro audio card

pci card ( especially for midi ) will give you beter performance than USB or Firewire.

If you've got a pci slot the have a look at the M-Audio 2496.

After a lot of research and looking around I settled for the M-Audio Audiophile 192 which is a notch up from the 2496. From what I've heard and read these cards are up there amongst the best for pro audio. I'm absolutely delighted with my card; rock solid driver and simply superb performance .. and I'm pretty fussy.

There has been considerable discussion on the Sonar forums so it might be worth a visit there.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Guys, Thanks for your replies, "helpfull"

Regards
    Musicmad

Go Back to forum