• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: The Land of Torhaanum

The Land of Torhaanum

A scene change piece from our musical, this is a little intro ditty to the barren land of Torhaanum - a desolate, arid expanse of desert which lies on the other side of the portal found at the base of the Quaken Canyon.

Torhaanum Intro X-over

"Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Ellendale, ND

Re: The Land of Torhaanum

Conservative but very effective percussion. The trombones accent the rhythmic motif nicely.

Hi, Kinvint

Intriguing piece you've posted here! I like it a lot, and I appreciate the text description of how it fits into your musical.

AND that Really interested me - the fact that this is from "our musical"--! Tell us more about that, hopefully post more music from it.

I just checked your profile for the threads you've started, and I can see that the last time you posted music was before I was a member. So that confirmed that this is the first time I've heard music from you.

Since you've visited a post or two from my musical, you can see why I'm especially interested in this theatre project you're mentioning. Hope to hear more about it!

Randy B.

I like this kin. It is short and to the point. Is your musical being performed somewhere, now?

Excellent, Kin!

Why not take this further? This definitely has the meat
    on its bones to readily develop into a formal piece!

My best,

Penfield (Rochester), NY

This is really good material. It certainly invokes the ideas of the text descriptions. It could very well sustain a longer duration work.

You must tell us more about the musical to which you are referring. We have another musical in progress here, Randy's (rbowser), and it is always interesting to learn what others are up to.

Thanks for sharing it with the forum.

Very tense. I'm glad to hear the percussion in the back. The solo lines need more punch (higher velocity at the beginning) but at the same time need to be connected better. This piece did not seem as smooth as your earlier work. But I like the rhythmic force, arabesque melody and heightened tension.

That's some scene change! If that is what we hear when "nothing" is happening, I can only imagine what we hear when there is action. This is very good, and the tension keeps up throughout - I suppose that is what you want, in terms of the onstage drama?

Nice to hear this!
    Ron Pearl

Thanks for all the comments, everyone. As always, it is appreciated. We especially like to hear people tell us what they think is not-so-good since the music will be performed live. Initial reactions are so important to us. We also like the praise, of course

The piece is just a little X-over to introduce a scene - it was written because we never want to leave the audience in silence. There is always something to see or hear during our show.

Many thanks to all who commented.

Kind regards,

Paul & Christian (Kin)
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

This will definitely keep the audience in their seats during a scene change, it is quite captivating! Great orchestration, that percussion definitely gives the piece an exciting and strong rhythm, and I love that brass that comes in at about 0:30. Great work!
    Sean Patrick Hannifin
    My MP3s | My Melody Generator | my album
    "serious music" ... as if the rest of us are just kidding

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast