• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Definitive Harp

Definitive Harp

It\'s been a while since I\'ve seen a post regarding harps. I\'m curious what the favorite is. I don\'t really hear a lot about Gary\'s Harp, but I presume it must be pretty good. I\'ve got the AO harps, but I\'m not crazy about them. The glisses in particular aren\'t always what I want. Any suggestions?

Re: Definitive Harp

Definitely the harp from Xsample!!! It\'s on Xsample 8 and you also get other instruments like psalter, celesta, klavicymbel. The harp is the highlight of the Xsample series.

Alex Cremers

I second that. Xsample harp is really nice. Here\'s what it sounds like:

thank you for the quick response! I\'ll check it out [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

All I hear in the demos is a pluck. Is there any good Glisses?

Nope, no glissandos. I use AO for that. Xsample harp has pluck, stopped pluck (in the .mp3 i posted), and harmonics. There\'s actually more than I ever use.. I think there are also pedal sounds I think

It\'s single notes sustained, single notes stop and single notes harmonics. Nothing else. You have to make (play) them yourself.

Alex Cremers

So the question is at $134 - it\'s not a bad purchase. BUT, is it better to spend $500 and get all 9 CDs? The Double Reeds sound pretty good in the demos..... hummm.....

Oops, too late. Should learn how to type faster.

Alex Cremers

So does anyone have Giga Harp?

Go Back to forum