• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: RMX Feature Requests

Share/Bookmark

RMX Feature Requests

I didn't see a previous thread. If there's an existing FR thread, sorry, I will repost there.

1. For the next patch release, it would be nice if Spectronics would integrate it's Multis, Kits, Grooves, Groove Elements and Sound Menus into Logic 8's tabbed media browser. I'm growing fond of that thing..

2. It would be Spect-acular if I could drag the entire set of 8 midi files into Logic all at once.

3. I wonder if Chaos would benefit from a visually oriented mulit-parameter controller something like the 4-quadrant display that sculpture uses.

Re: RMX Feature Requests

1. Not possible.

2. Already of the request list.

3. I don't think so...probably make it more confusing.

Thanks for your feedback! :-)

Shame about #1.

Thanks Eric.

2. Finally. I'm the happiest man in the world!! (hope in cubase too)

3. I agree with the request

Quote Originally Posted by shamca
    2. It would be Spect-acular if I could drag the entire set of 8 midi files into Logic all at once.

3. I wonder if Chaos would benefit from a visually oriented mulit-parameter controller something like the 4-quadrant display that sculpture uses.

Maybe it's too late for this feature, but it would save a ton of time if once I've selected my groove for track 1 and switch to track 2 in RMX, if it would remember where track 1 was and start there instead of at the "root" of the selection process where I have to choose EXP Libraries, etc.

For instance, if I select a Backbeat groove for track 1 and switch to track 2, it doesn't stay on Backbeat and it would be handy if it did so I could select other Backbeat grooves or fills. Maybe no one else needs this, but I would find it handy.

2nd feature request: How about making the grooves window scroll with the mouse wheel instead of having to use the slider?

Quote Originally Posted by lwilliam
    Maybe it's too late for this feature, but it would save a ton of time if once I've selected my groove for track 1 and switch to track 2 in RMX, if it would remember where track 1 was and start there instead of at the "root" of the selection process where I have to choose EXP Libraries, etc.

For instance, if I select a Backbeat groove for track 1 and switch to track 2, it doesn't stay on Backbeat and it would be handy if it did so I could select other Backbeat grooves or fills. Maybe no one else needs this, but I would find it handy.
    Something liek that is already there. Right-click the Directory and it will show you the recent directories you've used and you can jump there.

2nd feature request: How about making the grooves window scroll with the mouse wheel instead of having to use the slider?
    Also already there...position your mouse over the scroll area and then your scroll wheel will work.

Something liek that is already there. Right-click the Directory and it will show you the recent directories you've used and you can jump there.
    This has been asked for many times. You tried and then you failed. All I can say is try again. The whole purpose of the exercise is to not have to think about where you have been (at all). The reason here is because we (don't) think about where we have been when picking out a groove for track one, or any other track. We are listening and not reading the name of the place we were last. Many times ..... I don't even remember what library the last beat was coming from. There is a reason for this, it's because we don't care where it came from, only that it's a beat we like and want, and we want the next track to be from that same set.

Right clicking your mouse for recent directory choices is not only a wasted mouse click ....... it doesn't help all that much either. It doesn't help because we don't even remotely know where we were just seconds before, because as I said before .... we don't care where we were, and therein don't read the street signs.

Apparently you do read the street signs, and that is why you

Just don't get it.

Also already there...position your mouse over the scroll area and then your scroll wheel will work.
    It doesn't work on my copy. Are you sure you are talking about the same thing?

And while I'm at it
    There is a good chance that all of your products will be moving to the next level, at or about the same time. Will there be a special offer in the works for upgrading all three?

Whoa...that's coming off a bit harsh Mr. Pi. :-)

I do exactly understand what you want, and that's on the list. You don't need to keep hammering. ;-)

I was simply pointing out that there's something already there that can help. Most RMX users are not aware of this existing feature.

Regarding the scroll wheel, place your cursor on the scroll bar.

(and yes, putting your cursor on the scroll area is one the list too)

Cheers...

spectrum

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Whoa...that's coming off a bit harsh Mr. Pi. :-)
    I'm just glad that the manufacturer keeps taking the time to listen to those that address issues with a respectful tone and not decide to disregard this forum due to such occasional outbursts.

C'mon Pi, we don't need to bash the developer. At least he's HERE and responding! Try that in an Apple or NI forum.

And thanks for the response, Eric or whoever! I do not remember reading about those features or seeing them in the video tutorials - but it's probably been over a year since I watched them.

I'll try the right-click option - it's better than drilling down each time.

I'll try the scroll wheel ON the scroll bar and see if that works. It would be much more natural to use it anywhere in the scroll area, like it was a PDF file or any number of other docs. I'm glad it's already on the list, though.

Go Back to forum