• Register
  • Help

Topic: Anyway to stop new Window Opening in Sibelius Playback

Share/Bookmark

Anyway to stop new Window Opening in Sibelius Playback

Hey, I've only used the demo version of Sibelius (am thinking about switching from Finale), and wanted to know if there's anyway to stop Sibelius from opening a 'new' window when you press playback. It opens a zoomed in version of what you've been working on. Is there anyway to force Sibelius to play from the 'page' window (not sure if that's the right term or not, but it's the normal page layout your're working in)? I'd like to just have Sibelius play the file from there instead of switching windows.

Thanks,
    Mahlon

Re: Anyway to stop new Window Opening in Sibelius Playback

Quote Originally Posted by mahlon
    Hey, I've only used the demo version of Sibelius (am thinking about switching from Finale), and wanted to know if there's anyway to stop Sibelius from opening a 'new' window when you press playback. It opens a zoomed in version of what you've been working on. Is there anyway to force Sibelius to play from the 'page' window (not sure if that's the right term or not, but it's the normal page layout your're working in)? I'd like to just have Sibelius play the file from there instead of switching windows.

Thanks,
    Mahlon
    Yes there is. It's all to do with Preferences.

D

Thanks a lot Daryl. I assume you use Sibelius, then? May I ask if you are a convert from Finale, or did you start out using Sibelius? I've tried the Sibelius demo and like it quite a lot, thinking that I'm ready add that program to the roster. And now, that the crossgrade is $99.... well......yikes... it's hard...not too give it a go.

Thanks again,
    Mahlon

Thanks a lot Daryl. I assume you use Sibelius, then? May I ask if you are a convert from Finale, or did you start out using Sibelius? I've tried the Sibelius demo and like it quite a lot, thinking that I'm ready add that program to the roster. And now, that the crossgrade is $99.... well......yikes... it's hard...not too give it a go.

Thanks again,
    Mahlon
    I started with Notator on Atari, then went to SCORE, which was great, but really hard to use, and had no MIDI (at the time), and then in 1994 I looked at Finale and Sibelius, decided on Sibelius and never looked back. :>)

D

I started with Finale, but now... I've had a bit of break and can come back clean, so to speak... so Sibelius is looking pretty tempting. Finale has great things, too.... but.....

M.

I started with Finale, but now... I've had a bit of break and can come back clean, so to speak... so Sibelius is looking pretty tempting. Finale has great things, too.... but.....

M.
    Finale has some good features and is slightly easier to use for graphical scores, but other than that is on the back foot and trying desperately to play catch-up in most areas. FWIW the last bastion of a Finale stronghold was the US West Coast, but even that is now only 60/40 in favour. I think that unless something dramatic happens Finale is likely to become less and less of a serious player as time goes on.

D

Go Back to forum