• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: So no VSL for me?!

Share/Bookmark

So no VSL for me?!

Looks like VSL has no intention of releasing the performance tools for PC logic. I\'m running logic 5.5 for Windows.

If I buy VSL there\'s no way I\'m going to turn around and buy a mac on top of it ($$$$).

this sucks. this is why I want to know if I should wait for EWQLSO.

(and gigastudio is out. Doesn\'t plug back into the synth, limited voices, limited fx, expensive. I guess it has a following but I can\'t see what it has over EXS, Kontact, Halion, etc.)

thanks all-
    [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]
    -denny-

Re: So no VSL for me?!

Um...? You may just want to go ahead and post this on the \"VSL\" site too....

Just say\'n... [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

My personal thoughts.. buy a Mac, get the logic cross grade - it\'s worth it TOTALLY. Then just run giga or whatever on your second machine. And wait for VSL until you can afford it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Not what you wanted to hear probably by that\'s my thoughts

By performance tools, do you mean the legato? I thought it doesn\'t matter what sequencer you use.. it\'s just a MIDI loopback, like the Marble Sound stuff.. isn\'t it?

it\'s not quite the same, I think. It\'s sort of like Gary\'s Maestro tools - auto alternators, things that clip off samples for smooth legato playing, etc.
    -d-

p.s. *NO*! Not what I wanted to hear! =)
    \'Course, I\'m not sure anybody could tell me that right now unless a free mac comes with VSL or vice-versa. =)

... maintain a sense of humor ...

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

It looks like people are getting the giga samples and importing into Kontact (not that I own Kontact)...
    ...hope reigns eternal ...
    -d-

that would also let me use FXFreeze which would be very cool...

-d-

Originally posted by bluedane:
    it\'s not quite the same, I think. It\'s sort of like Gary\'s Maestro tools - auto alternators, things that clip off samples for smooth legato playing, etc.
    -d-

p.s. *NO*! Not what I wanted to hear! =)
    \'Course, I\'m not sure anybody could tell me that right now unless a free mac comes with VSL or vice-versa. =)

... maintain a sense of humor ...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yeah but Gary\'s tools are also just MIDI loopback. Your sequencer sends a signal to the tool (Maestro, VSL, whatever) and it performs some magic and sends a signal out. These things should work regardless of what sequencer you\'re using.

Originally posted by bluedane:
    Looks like VSL has no intention of releasing the performance tools for PC logic. I\'m running logic 5.5 for Windows.

If I buy VSL there\'s no way I\'m going to turn around and buy a mac on top of it ($$$$).

this sucks. this is why I want to know if I should wait for EWQLSO.

-denny-
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hi Denny,

EWQLSO will run on both Mac and PC 24bit - and - if you decide to upgrade to Logic 6, you can purchase a new Mac G5 for the difference in price between VSL Pro Edition and EWQLSO.

Lots of demos coming soon.....

Take care,

Doug Rogers
    -------------------
    EASTWEST
    www.soundsonline.com

Hey Doug,
    where can I find out more on EWQLSO? Even just rough things like articulations, instrumentation, size of the library, etc?
    thanks, my panic is subsiding...
    =)
    -d-

VSL works fine in Kontakt (better in some respects), performance tools and all. (Some non performance gigs wont translate perfectly tho, multi matrix dimension splits)

You could convert the giga version into EXS (if its conversions are good enough) and loopthrough the perf tool back to logic and use the tools.

Should work fine, but is a bit cumbersome, you could just use the giga version....

Maestro Tools will work for EXS too, with looping back. Same with the VotA Util.

Go Back to forum