• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Patch (free) for EW-STEINWAY B

Share/Bookmark

Re: Patch (free) for EW-STEINWAY B

Great sounding demo of the Steinway patch.

J.G.
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Wow, what a great sound!

Ok John G

After downloading this patch, I hope you get some time to play a round with it.

Which one is now your favorite? PMI BOS or this patch?

Very interested in your assesment.

Oliver, great sound!

Dave

Interesting you should ask, since the very first thing I did was to compare the Steinway patch with the PMI BOS (8 layer sustain plus release) on my Book 1 fugue 17 (J.S.Bach Well-tempered). I still much prefer the Bos, but the EW Steinway patch does a fabulous job with the sample, smoothing out the vel transitions completely. I wonder how the impro demo piece mentioned in the first post would sound using the BOS? There\'s a question.

J.G.

Hi,

Thanks....

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The PMI Bosendorder seems to be a good piano too.
    However i don\'t have it.
    The .mp3\'s of John\'s are very nice.

I\'ve worked all the night to make another updated patch, with new mapping.

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/techmusicom/Patch_for_eastwest\'s_piano_SteinwayB_and_Bosendor fer275.zip

and the second demo : ( i play Mozart)

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/techmusicom/mozart-demo-steinway-patch7.0.mp3

I play on a MP9000 Kawai with
    touch = heavy

test the patch and enjoy !!!!!

Regards,

Olivier

Thanks, Olivier! Excellent programming. Your efforts are greatly appreciated.

Last night I insalled the ver. 6.0 .art and enjoyed playing the piano. As John said, it totally fixes the obvious velocity switching of the original piano.

What changes are made with the ver. 7.0 patch?

Thanks,

Lawrence

The Mozart sounds great. It really tells us what a benchmark the \"old\" Steinway B sample continues to be for Steinway sampling. I still don\'t think there\'s a Steinway sample (B C or D) out there that equals it overall. Hans A.\'s Steinway may be the Little Engine That Could, however.

Olivier, you should post the mid. file (well, that is unless a huge amount has gone into it), so that the piano sample can be compared with others.

J.G.
    http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html

Bon Soir Olivier,

I am really impressed by your two demos, and I can see (from the first one) where this piano would work beautifully with impressionistic music (like Debussy).

I have a question: Is there any reverb or post processing on this demos whatsoever, or is this the original tone of the piano (after your art file has been applied, of course)?

Also (somebody has asked this already), in what way do your two art files differ from each other?

Thanks for sharing your efforts with such generosity, that\'s very kind of you.

Best Regards,

Ruben

old Patch v6.o :

Velocity / pedal up :

p (v1) -> p (v1) - > mf (v2) -> mf (v2) -> f (v3) -> f (v3) -> f (v3) -> f (v3)

Velocity /pedal down:

p (v1) -> p (v1) - > mf (v2) -> mf (v2) -> f (v3) -> f (v3) -> f (v3) -> f (v3)

programmed with and without lowpass or highpass
    (and with my ears)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Patch 7 (re-mapping ):

Velocity / pedal up :

p (v1) -> p (v1) - > p(v1) > mf (v2) -> mf (v2) -> mf (v2) -> f (v3) -> f (v3)

Velocity /pedal down:

p (v1) -> p (v1) - > p(v1) > mf (v2) -> mf (v2) -> mf (v2) -> f (v3) -> f (v3)

programmed with and without lowpass or highpass

(and with my ears) to be able to play direcly the sample like a real piano. (a dream - lol)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The demo is recorded (in live ) inside Gigastudio Without any reverb . Just a very little NFX4.

I\'ve found a problem with the C3 of the Steinway B (to loud / strange harmonics)

It will be fixed in patch 8

\"\"
    Olivier, you should post the mid. file (well, that is unless a huge amount has gone into it), so that the piano sample can be compared with others.
    \"\"

yes, i will make another demo with midi file !!! ( the both demos were played directly with my mp9000)

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Regards,

Olivier

here the patch v8.0 !!!!! (fix buges and c3)

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/techmusicom/Patch-Steinway_b.zip

Go Back to forum