• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The California Infernos - Be Safe So. California Members

Share/Bookmark

The California Infernos - Be Safe So. California Members

I am watching on the news it's frightening to see the intensity of the raging California fires. Hundreds of thousands are fleeing the 14+ infernos burning in Southern California. Many popele have lost their homes.

Hoping the our members in the area are out of danger and that no harm comes to them, their loved ones or their property.

Please take care, if you can, let us know that you all made it through this safely. If anyone needs help let us know.

Gary Garritan

Re: The California Infernos - Be Safe So. California Members

Strange, I just read an article online that said that the fires are forcing 250,000 people to evacuate from San Diego. Definately a problem.

Here's a picture I found of the fires:

http://alg.umbc.edu/usaq/images/2007...010403_QKM.jpg
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

So far so good for me. I am tucked back at the end of Trabuco Canyon and we have just been preparing for a call for evacuation. thanks Gary, so many towns around mine are suffering from the fires and it is a really scary thing.

For those who are curious, here's a map of the fires I found on the LATimes: http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UT...6,7.338867&z=8
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Here in Torrance, the fires aren't hitting us, but if you can't see them, you can smell them. All the smoke is hitting us from, and my aunt is living in Sna Bernadeno, and makes the ride to El Segundo everyday, so hopefully she'll be okay.
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

I spoke to one of my friends early this evening and he told me that he and his wife slept on their couch fully dressed just in case the evacuation knock came during the night. They live in Canyon Country.
    Samantha Penigar
    http://www.myspace.com/samanthapenigar

http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...p?userid=13306

Dream it! Then Do it! Good things come to those who work while they wait. [COLOR=purple]Persistence[/COLO

OMG!

Any ideas on how the fires started? We got plenty of fires and 55 dead in Greece over the summer (and my family (wife + 2 kids + parents in law) had to flee the fires actually. In Greece it was arson, dead sure. What about here?

Anyways, this is terrible! TERRIBLE!

Arson Most likely. It has been a really windy week here in Cali. That is when they strike

Quote Originally Posted by nikolas
    OMG!

Any ideas on how the fires started? We got plenty of fires and 55 dead in Greece over the summer (and my family (wife + 2 kids + parents in law) had to flee the fires actually. In Greece it was arson, dead sure. What about here?

Anyways, this is terrible! TERRIBLE!
    I thought I heard on the evening new that it was a downed power line (tower). It's raining over there and burning over there! The U.S. has some of the worst weather of any nation. Let's hope for rain soon but not a down pour. A nice steady rain to snuff the fires out but not cause mud slides or floods. There must be plenty of barring land out there now.
    Hope every one is safe.
    Styxx

To everyone in California..............

I hope for you and your families to be safe..........

Cliff
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

Go Back to forum