• Register
  • Help

Topic: Attack in GS QE

Attack in GS QE

I am using KH Emerald.
    I would like to MIDI control attack on my 1st and 2nd violins, instead of using a different articulation with slower attack. Most of the slow articulations are too slow for my work, and I get the wha-wha effect if you know what I mean. Also, the timbre of an other, slower articulation is just different enough to bug me.
    Is there a way to midi control attack? In quick edit it is not available.

P4,3 mHz,2 G. RAM, GS3 Orchestra, Sonar 6 SE, AP2496

Angry Re: Attack in GS QE

I am not complaining, just wondering...
    Was my question so stupid that it is not worthwhile to answer it?
    19 days and no one looked at it?
    Sorry, please disregard my question.

Re: Attack in GS QE

Hi Ted,

Sorry... I have been extremely busy the last few weeks, and spending very little time in the fora...

I'm not sure exactly what you're looking to do, but I won't let that stop me from trying to answer...

If you are feeling brave, you can try to adjust the ADSR envelopes in GS' editor or GVI's quick-edit . . .

Or... is it possible that you can use "CC data" in your sequencer app to control the attack of your samples?

I drew CC#11 "attack curves" in Cubase to effectively cut the attack "head" off of each note of the Wavelore American Zither, to get the ambient sound in "Dark Matter I," which you can here at http://wavelore.com/demos.shtml

I don't see why you couldn't try something similar to shorten-but-not-eliminate the attack of other instruments while keeping more of their original character than I did with the WLAZ...

— alanb

Re: Attack in GS QE

Thanks. Ithink I have to resign myself to a patch change, the solution you are talking about I am sure would work, however, my problem is that for example i have a bunch of slow moving notes (violins) where my normal attack sounds fine, followed by two 16th notes which practically disappear at the attack contained in the original sample. I am also lazy enough to avoid too many patch changes...
    I think I will generate a faster attack sample from the original and do the patch change after kicking myself in the butt to cure my laziness...
    Thanks again

Go Back to forum