• Register
  • Help

Topic: Routing JABB brush kit drums to separate channels?

Share/Bookmark

Routing JABB brush kit drums to separate channels?

Is it possible to route snare, bdrum and cymbals to separate channels in the host? If yes, what do I have to do in the KP2 side?

If no, is there any way to shape the sound of the separate drums? Ie. if I want more punch to the bass drum?

The last option is of course to create multiple instances of the plugin and make each play separate drum, but at least it's an option.

Re: Routing JABB brush kit drums to separate channels?

Hi, karvasika

Sounds like you've only tried using the full drum kits. Look in your instrument menu and you'll see that you can load individual parts of a kit - just the cymbals, the hats, the snares, the toms, the kicks.

In KP2 you simply load each of those individually, all in one instance of KP2. And you make sure to re-assign each instrument to separate tracks. For convenience, they could all remain on the same MIDI track, but you obviously want each one on a separate audio track.

That will give you 5 drum tracks, and you can process each of those individually, the way you want. As you indicated, now with the bass/kick drum on one track, you can apply its own EQ and of course leave the sound totally dry if you want, while the snare track can have reverb on it. And etc.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Re: Routing JABB brush kit drums to separate channels?

Thanks, sounds like a solution to me!

Go Back to forum