• Register
  • Help

Topic: Microtuning the solo violin

Share/Bookmark

Microtuning the solo violin

Attention Mr. Gary and the Stradivari solo violin team:

Please we need a small update that provide microtuning, the script is available for Kontakt 2 full version but I can not apply it since script editor is disabled.

I hope you will listen to us this time, this a must have feature.

Kontakt 3 made this permenant for some instruments

Re: Microtuning the solo violin

Nobody interested?

I don't think you should expect a lot of updates/development on the Strdivari and Gofriller. They both seem to have been put to rest.

what is this microtuning?
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Thumbs up Re: Microtuning the solo violin

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor
    Nobody interested?
    Hi everyone,
    I'm a new member and would like to say Hi to all of you.

I totally agree with Emperor regarding the Microtuning.
    My purchase was based on the fact that Microtuning is possible in Kontakt and it was a big disappointment to find that it is not possible in Stradivari Violin.
    Microtuning is used is a vast number and types of music all over the world.
    I'm sure Mr. Garritan will consider our request if he found there is a demand on this function.

Thanks,
    Thomas Anthony

Logic Pro
    Mac Pro
    Korg Pa1X

Another hearty vote in favor of microtuning.

For all the talk of the Strad being authentic, the period in which the instrument itself was created was only marginally (read say 1750 at best) influenced by equal temperament.

Even at 1750 equal temperament hardly had the lion's share of influence on tuning. In Berlin for example the issue of temperament had hardly been resolved.

Further, the way string players perform in actuality is closer to a modified pythagorean.

Bach himself had his giggles at the expense of those who hadn't kept up to date on matters of temperament.

Come on guys, let's get with an authentic Strad.

Best wishes to an already amazing product. Let's make it the best it can be.

Earl

Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    I don't think you should expect a lot of updates/development on the Strdivari and Gofriller. They both seem to have been put to rest.
    What happened? Also no viola and bass in sight to complete the series?

Kai

Quote Originally Posted by mixolydian
    What happened? Also no viola and bass in sight to complete the series?

Kai
    There was recently a post by Stradivari/Gofriller creator Giorgio Tommasini, that appeared to convey the message, that he and his co-programmer Stefano Lucato no longer work for Garritan. Which would mean, that the Garritan Solo Strings as we know them have been put to rest.

Maybe the rumoured GOS 2 will contain a replacement product.

Smile Re: Microtuning the solo violin

I wish Mr. Garritan would consider this. I vote strongly for microtuning as well. Here's a lovely violin solo with lots of microtones...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1WVbHrw4xY
    Chekad Sarami
    Math Professor

Go Back to forum