• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Need a cellist to record a part

Share/Bookmark

Need a cellist to record a part

Hi,

I'm looking for a (live) cellist for a little job. I need to have a recording in wave format of a cello part (slow and long notes) about 1 min long for a film. This is not for a big hollywood production film but I'll pay what's fair for this kind of work.

If there's a cellist out there interested email me at: gbacos@sympatico.ca and I will send you all the info needed.

Thanks,

Guy

http://www.guybacos.com/

Re: Need a cellist to record a part

Hi Guy,

I know someone here in the UK that could do it, but I will not be in contact with them until next week.

If this can work for you then please let me know

Simon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by guyB
    Hi,

I'm looking for a (live) cellist for a little job. I need to have a recording in wave format of a cello part (slow and long notes) about 1 min long for a film. This is not for a big hollywood production film but I'll pay what's fair for this kind of work.

If there's a cellist out there interested email me at: gbacos@sympatico.ca and I will send you all the info needed.

Thanks,

Guy

http://www.guybacos.com/
    You don't want to use this as an excuse to pick up Garritan's Gofriller Cello?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

You'll have to fill me in here, I'm not following that last post, maybe I mist something earlier on.

Quote Originally Posted by guyB
    You'll have to fill me in here, I'm not following that last post, maybe I mist something earlier on.
    He's suggesting that a sampled cello might be as good as the real deal. Not from what I've heard. :>)

D

So how would you go about doing this, do you have a sequence or click track to go along with a score? What genre is this ?

Quote Originally Posted by RickD
    So how would you go about doing this, do you have a sequence or click track to go along with a score? What genre is this ?
    I'd send the sampled cello part which the real cello part will be blended into. The tools I would give the cellist are the midi track, the audio track with the same part as he will play but sampled along with the BPM. Very easy work if one is equipped for recording.

Did I spelled missed: mist? Geeze, I have to get some sleep!

GUy,

Just shout if you want me to look into it. The school I teach at has a full studio setup and a cello teacher. I think he might do it.

I will also need some idea of what you will be prepared to pay, the studio will also need to be paid for.

We can then FTP the files back to you for speed.
    Smon
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    GUy,

Just shout if you want me to look into it. The school I teach at has a full studio setup and a cello teacher. I think he might do it.

I will also need some idea of what you will be prepared to pay, the studio will also need to be paid for.

We can then FTP the files back to you for speed.
    Smon
    For a commercial I'd give $150.00 per session. For films to be determined.
    Email me if you're interested: gbacos@sympatico.ca

I have some names already, but I'd need a few on board.

Go Back to forum