• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Garritan ARIA Engine

Share/Bookmark

Garritan ARIA Engine

Well, it looks like the cat is finally out of the bag. I noticed yesterday in the latest issue of Elecronic Musician that the Authorized Steinway Piano library is based on the ARIA Engine. Who's the lucky winner of the "Name the New Garritan Sampler" contest?

Pat

Thumbs up Re: ARIA Engine

Lets dredge up that thread and see, i think it was one of the first posts in that thread, on the first page.

Congrats to whoever it was.

Re: ARIA Engine

I was wrong it's on page 2, post number 65 by CallmeZoot.
    http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...rritan+Sampler

actually there was more than one thread, because there was also one in Developer Forums, but i forgot to look at that one when i did the search.

Guess we should wait for the officiel announcement.

Yes, we have a name: The Aria Engine

This name was submitted by CallMeZoot.

Aria means:
    1. melody, tune; specifically : an accompanied elaborate melody sung (as in an opera) by a single voice

2: a striking solo performance (as in a movie)
    This new engine will enable you to make 'a striking solo performance' with our upcoming instruments. So the name fit well. and it's simple and elegant - like our new engine.

There were so many good suggestions (over 500) that were posted or sent via email or private message. And it was difficult to select one. Many thanks to Chris who will be contacted regarding his prize.

And thanks to all who participated to help come up with a name.

Gary Garritan

Gary,
    for those of us without Electronic Musician, can we hear/see some more about your Steinway? Will it be announced and released soon....will there be demos etc...?

Thanks very much. I've been looking forward to this instrument for a long while.

http://www.harmony-central.com/theater/wnamm07_p4.html

There's a video on the Steinway and the engine there from Winter NAMM 2007 along with Concert and Marching Band.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    There's a video on the Steinway and the engine there from Winter NAMM 2007 along with Concert and Marching Band.
    That was an older interface. We have a new one which we'll post soon.

Gary

Nice to see the new engine is almost here. Just a small question which has probably been repeated often: are there plans for an update for any of the existing libraries, such as GPO or CAMB, to the new player?
    Anthony Abruscato

"There are only two types of music: Love Songs and Pirate Music"

HP Pavillion dv6171cl w/ Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB 5200 RPM HD + an external 300 GB HD. GPO, JABB, CAMB, Sibelius 5.1, Finale 2008a, and a demo copy of FL studio.

The cool thing about the ARAI engine is that it's both 32 & 64-bit.

Pat,

Long time since you posted!

Jim

Woo hoo! That's crazy--ARIA was actually the very first word I thought of, because it is "contained" in the word GARRITAN and has a nice assonant quality alongside it.

Funny thing is, I almost deleted it after I brainstormed my list and came up with several others I thought were better. Glad I decided to leave it in!

Thanks Gary, I'll be in touch. Good luck with your launch!

chris.

Go Back to forum