• Register
  • Help

Topic: What happened here?

Share/Bookmark

What happened here?

I couldn't get newly loaded instruments to respond once I started playing or recording with my sequencer. After restarting a few times they now respond(fingers crossed) but what's with strange appearance of these Garritan instruments that are loaded into the K2 player.

Re: What happened here?

Strange appearance? If you're talking about the dark blue coloring, I think that came with the new KP2 update. I liked it when the instruments retained the colors of their libraries, but it's no biggy.

There is a file with each instrument that gets loaded, and it is the "wallpaper" for each instrument. For some reason that I am not aware of, your program loaded the instruments without loading that file. Someone with more experience about KP2 can help get it fixed.

Dan

Yeah, it's just a bug in K2/KP2. The loss of wallpaper will have no effect on the playability of a library (unless the wallpaper contains labels for what the knobs do!) It sounds like a related issue causing the bug might screw around with the playback engine, which is why you experienced the response issues at the same time.

It can also occur when instruments are loaded using nkm files and there are spaces, gaps, or other libraries in the chain using different or no wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Yeah, it's just a bug in K2/KP2. The loss of wallpaper will have no effect on the playability of a library (unless the wallpaper contains labels for what the knobs do!) It sounds like a related issue causing the bug might screw around with the playback engine, which is why you experienced the response issues at the same time.

It can also occur when instruments are loaded using nkm files and there are spaces, gaps, or other libraries in the chain using different or no wallpaper.
    The same bug is also in Kontakt 3
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

I've noticed the same bug in Kontakt 2. At least the instruments play!

Jim

Right, this issue has come up before - Seems like a fix was posted, an edit to do?

But clearly a lot of people have this problem, as evidenced on this thread - Cerrabore thinking it's normal for the update et al.

In my KP2, the distinctive look and color of each library, the proper skin, Does load and I guess I'm just lucky!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Go Back to forum