• Register
  • Help

Topic: A little promo video

A little promo video

For those who asked about it:

A mini promotional reel for our musical, Spellbound. All music is GPO. StormDrum was used on a couple of pieces for percussion.

"Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Re: A little promo video

Kin! THANKS for this! I was one of the people really wanting to know about your show, after hearing the short tidbit you posted recently.

Really cool promo film. And--WOW, now that's quite a dramatic opening statement on the video:

"Over the past five years a new a new kind of musical has evolved - One which will change the way we are entertained - Forever"

!!!! That's saying rather - um, a Lot!

Is it a Sword and Sorcery story? A kind of Lord of The Rings on stage? - Now that I've seen the promo, I'm wanting to know and hear mooore.

I really enjoyed the interspersed rehearsal shots - Man oh man but do I love theatre. Gave me a big wave of excitement as I watched, since I couldn't help but think of my own upcoming production of "Dorian" in 2008.

Is it possible to post larger segments from the show for us to hear?

Thanks so much - Great to see and hear this.

Randy B.

Thanks for your reply, Randy. Yes, that statement is quite something. It aims to achieve two results: firstly, make investors want to see more and question just how we intend to fulfil such a claim. Secondly, tell an audience that we have some pretty special production concepts up our sleeves which have not yet been done. Expensive but exciting, Spellbound is.

This small promo video actually started as a montage of clips for a producer who asked "what's your show about?". It accompanied songs and script samples. Since then 2 major investors have come forward and offered full support - one who has taken our material to the Producer of a recent Spanish language fantasy blockbuster movie (I can't say the name but most will figure it out).

These are exciting times for us all on the team and we are looking forward to a full production very soon. As yet, dates are not confirmed but when they are, I shall let all on Garritan Forums know!

It has been a long time in coming, after a couple of shows up in Boston and NY last year, and quite a few forum members have followed the progress and given great feedback on some of our work. We are all keeping our fingers crossed and hoping for the best.

To answer your questions, Yes, Spellbound is a fantasy musical, on a grand scale - but it does not try to be LOTR, it would be an insult to Tolkien to make such an attempt. At the same we do believe that the storyline is engaging, the world we have created is unique and the characters interesting and fascinating. But then I would say that, of course, having written it!

With regards other material, I don't want to start posting too much Spellbound stuff on the forums but I'd be happy to send you some links to our work if you would like to send me a PM. That way, I could also maybe get to know more about Dorian - which, by the way, I think sounds absolutely AMAZING so far. Us theatre lovers should stick together!

Once again, thanks for your comments and interest.

Kind regards
    Paul (kin)
    "Life is rarely fair..." - Garlan, of Thorandall

Hello again, Paul (kin)

It's a fascinating project, and I'm hoping more Forum members take a look at the nice looking promo vid you've posted.

Under my user name here in my post are my email and PM - email is best for me, so I'd love to have you send me links so I can hear more.

Thanks for what you said about my own theatre project!

Randy B.

Well done promo, Paul.

As you know, I've followed Spellbound with interest for
    some time. Thank you for the updates, and great to hear
    things are moving along!

All my best,

This is a great promo. Love the music as well.

Thanks for sharing this.

Enjoyed the promo and music! Sounds like quite the production!

Thanks for sharing! - Del
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

Dallas, TX

Paul, I don't much care for the genre of scorcery, but you certainly have done an outstanding job on this promo video, the music and camera work is excellent, and whoever gave it the name Spellbound sure knew what they were doing.

Best of luck on your projects,

Go Back to forum