• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Seeking violinists for recordings parts

Share/Bookmark

Seeking violinists for recordings parts

On a previous post I was seeking cellists but I'll need violinists as well.

for commercial jobs: $150.00 per session
    for films: to be determined

Requisite:

1-Must be able to record yourself and send me a wave or aif.
    I would supply you with what you need to make your recording easy,
    midi file, audi file and BPM.

2-Must be able to do the work within a day or 2, could be more depending on the project, for commercial I need it within 24 hours at the most. None of the parts are very difficult as long as they are played expressive and in tune.

3-I would appreciate being able to hear something, so I have an idea of your playing.

If the relation is good I'd like to use this person on a long term basis for various projects.

Thanks,

Guy Bacos
    http://www.guybacos.com/

Re: Seeking violinists for recordings parts

Hi Guy,

I find it very cool to search here for the musicans you need. A great idea and way to get finished your work!

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Hey Guy,

I think you'd be better off finding someone in your area, so that they can record with you and achieve the exact nuance you're looking for. Just my 2 cents!

Alex

Alex, I've worked like this before, if the musician is good it works surprisingly well and save a lot of time for both parties.

good point. I guess I just haven't worked with many musicians who are on that kind of wavelength.

-Alex

Alex,

at my radiospotproductions I mostly work at this way. The most Spokesperson have a little studio where they are speaking and recording. It works fine... .

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Have you checked out www.efiddler.com ?

For the cello parts you might want to drop Claire Fitch a line. She's a cellist with the National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland and is set up for recording your cello parts from mp3 and delivering them in the format of your choice. There are some links to her music at the website.

www.fitchsounds.com

/Yoss

Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian
    Have you checked out www.efiddler.com ?

For the cello parts you might want to drop Claire Fitch a line. She's a cellist with the National Symphony Orchestra of Ireland and is set up for recording your cello parts from mp3 and delivering them in the format of your choice. There are some links to her music at the website.

www.fitchsounds.com

/Yoss
    Yes, the 1st link I came across a few month ago and is currently about to try some things out with him. Nice fellow as well.

Thanks for the 2nd link! The more the better.

guyB,

I'm a professional violinst based out of North Carolina. I do a lot of travelling; but if our schedules mesh the is a good possibility we could work together.

Drop me an email if you like: Contact Me

Thanks everybody who responded. I have some good contacts now. You wouldn't think that this forum would be the best place for this but I had a hunch it would work out, I found an opera singer here that suited just right and I put the same add on an "Opera Forum" and got no response at all from them.

Go Back to forum