• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: "Modes"

Share/Bookmark

Arrow "Modes"

All of y'all,

This is my brief organ work, "Modes", so-called because it alternates between major and minor.

I first posted this over fourteen months ago. Since then I re-wrote part of it.

Regards,

Larry

Re: "Modes"

minor minor minor...major major major. minor minor. Etc.....lol. very tasteful. Very baroque. Once again, another great Alexander the Great work of pure art. You never post anything that bores me. It's so repetetive with just the right amount of change when it just tilts on boredom you throw something new in there to euprise me. Even right when it was ending i thought we were going into a new piece or melody, and your "author-ic" mind said...no no no, not too much right now.

Loved it
    Yours Truly,
    TubaJediMaster
    May the Fourth Be With You

My demos:
    http://www.box.net/shared/ejtluyupfb

Quote Originally Posted by tubajedimr
    minor minor minor...major major major. minor minor. Etc.....lol. very tasteful. Very baroque. Once again, another great Alexander the Great work of pure art. You never post anything that bores me. It's so repetetive with just the right amount of change when it just tilts on boredom you throw something new in there to euprise me. Even right when it was ending i thought we were going into a new piece or melody, and your "author-ic" mind said...no no no, not too much right now.

Loved it
    Thank you, young tuba honker. Glad you liked it.

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

A very nice way to develop ideas in different modes. The shift back and forth is well executed. The ending seems abrupt, but I have heard that type of ending on baroque pieces. I liked this alot.
    -Jay

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    A very nice way to develop ideas in different modes. The shift back and forth is well executed. The ending seems abrupt, but I have heard that type of ending on baroque pieces. I liked this alot.
    -Jay
    I wasn't in my right mind when I wrote it.

Thanks for giving it a listen, Mr. Jay.

My regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

I enjoyed your mode shifts. I need to disagree with tuba jedi master though – although I find the instrumentation baroque, this really reminds me of music from a 1920’s radio show that was trying to get the turn of the century type sound. Parts of it have a huge ragtime influence and sound almost vaudeville. Anyway, besides quibbling over genre (it is pure Alexander), I found this enjoyable.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    I enjoyed your mode shifts. I need to disagree with tuba jedi master though – although I find the instrumentation baroque, this really reminds me of music from a 1920’s radio show that was trying to get the turn of the century type sound. Parts of it have a huge ragtime influence and sound almost vaudeville. Anyway, besides quibbling over genre (it is pure Alexander), I found this enjoyable.
    Thanks for listening and letting me know what you think, Mr. Trent. I appreciate your input.

An early Happy Birthday to you!

Best regards,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Good morning, Larry

This is entertainingly odd piece, with the bursts of rag time interspersed throughout the baroqueishly (new word, like it?) styled chase-music rhythms. Only your fertile musical imagination would come up with such a fun musical bonbon.

Carry on, Mr. Prolific!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Good morning, Larry

This is entertainingly odd piece, with the bursts of rag time interspersed throughout the baroqueishly (new word, like it?) styled chase-music rhythms. Only your fertile musical imagination would come up with such a fun musical bonbon.

Carry on, Mr. Prolific!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    That's my purpose in life - to be entertainingly odd or perhaps oddly entertaining.

Glad you were entertained.

Odd Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander

That's my purpose in life - to be entertainingly odd or perhaps oddly entertaining.

Glad you were entertained.

Odd Larry
    A worthwhile revisitation of Modes, Larry, with its variegated
    modal and stylistic foliage.

And Larry, I've never once, not ever, thought of you as "odd".

A little peculiar sometimes... rofl... but certainly not odd!

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast