• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: cafe oblivion (jazz quintet)

cafe oblivion (jazz quintet)

This song uses jabb piano, bass and vibes, as well as some jabb percussion. The guitar is live. Please listen and comment.

Re: cafe oblivion (jazz quintet)

Quote Originally Posted by jaynkate01
    This song uses jabb piano, bass and vibes, as well as some jabb percussion. The guitar is live. Please listen and comment.
    I've worked gigs in that cafe.

Very nice sound. Is that you pickin' git-tar, Mr. Jay. Very tasty, indeed! I like your guitar/vibes unison work. Nice!

Thanks for posting.

Larry G. Alexander

Wilton, NH

Hi Jay,

I really enjoyed this. The live guitar is very well integrated with the virtual instruments – they seem to share the same space. It would be very easy to imagine this being a live recording from a little jazz café – Café Oblivion.
    Trent P. McDonald

Larry, I also have worked gigs in places like 'cafe oblivion', more times than I care to remember. Yeh, it is me playing git-tar. I am glad that you liked it. I got a line 6 guitar port to plug my guitar into the computer. It was pretty cheap so I thought I would try it out.

Trent, thank you. I was hoping that the guitar would not sound like it was not part of the whole mix.

Good morning, Jay

Ah now this is soooo nice - I should play it again tonight as the evening is getting on, so I can turn my place into my own private lil jazz club.

Excellent work. And thanks for telling us about the Line 6 you used for getting the guitar directly into your computer. That has to be the key to your succesful blend of the digital instruments and the real guit - Nice!

Randy B.

Mellow. It put me right there in the club. The chubby bass player in the frayed gray sweater, the drummer with his mohawk haircut (where DID you find that guy?), the band's manager selling CDs at the door, yes, I could see it all.
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Hey randy. Thanks for taking the time to listen. I really got into a very jazz kinda thing with this. A dark, smoke filled cafe seems to fit this piece. Boy do I love messin with computer generated music.

Thanks fiziwig. I think the bands manager is selling more than just CD's at the door.

Smoooth, mellow, and nice and round, with that smoky,
    late-at-night flavor to it... great job on this, Jay, enjoyed
    it. Darned nice work with the live guitar, too.

My best,

I have to agree with everyone......I really love the way you put us (the listener) right up in the first row to get an ear full of the playing......if you just close your eyes.........your there!!!!!!!
    three year old E machine
    GPO Sibelius Edition (now Liberated!)
    GPO Personal Orchestra
    GPO Jazz Band
    2 Classic Guitar Degrees (or so I was informed)
    Not a lick of sense!

What is your Axe?

It also has a nice mellow sound to it.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast