• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Does Garritan Jazz and Big Band work with Sibelius 4?

Share/Bookmark

Question Does Garritan Jazz and Big Band work with Sibelius 4?

...or do I need to upgrade?

Re: Does Garritan Jazz and Big Band work with Sibelius 4?

Yes, Garritan Jazz and Big Band are compatible with Sibelius 4. I use it all the time with Sibelius 4 on Mac and Windows. You can use it through GPO Studio or Kontakt (Player) 2.
    Colton J. Provias
    Film Score Composer, Location Sound Mixer, and Sound Editor
    Full-stack Web Developer

For what it's worth, it works quite easily with Sib 5. It comes with a Soundset, so loading instruments is quick.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro
    Yes, Garritan Jazz and Big Band are compatible with Sibelius 4. I use it all the time with Sibelius 4 on Mac and Windows. You can use it through GPO Studio or Kontakt (Player) 2.
    So am I correct about this: JABB works with GPO Studio? If it does, I can use it with my Noteworthy composer as well. Just double checking because I'm hoping to get JABB in the next few weeks (after I pay for the unexpected brake job on my car. )
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Jabb works with studio as long as you do not update to the new k2 player. Those sounds do not work with studio.

I just got Sib5 and Jabb and GPO both are easy in it.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Jabb works with studio as long as you do not update to the new k2 player. Those sounds do not work with studio.

I just got Sib5 and Jabb and GPO both are easy in it.

Ron
    I recently got Sibelius 5 and JABB and I'm having big problems getting Sibelius to play instruments through JABB. I need a quick ABCs how to get it to work together, if anyone can give me a hand. I loaded Sib 5 fired it up, and opening music played fine. Loaded JABB and now the opening music is playing real slow and is distorted. I selected playback device and created a new JABB set and selected JABB and still nothing plays.

Post your question on the Sibelius site - they can (and will) walk you through the process, and explain any issues clearly.
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Quote Originally Posted by rpearl
    Post your question on the Sibelius site - they can (and will) walk you through the process, and explain any issues clearly.
    O.K. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by C J Pro View Post
    Hi,
    Can you share details about how you got this to work. I have Garritan Concert and Marching Band with Kontakt Player 2 and Sibelius 4 but can't figure out how to access the Garritan sounds from Sibelius.

Thanks!

Hi, forrestf

You found a very old thread here (Nov. 2007) - But the question is of course still valid. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the current Sib 5 was the first one to work hand-in-hand with Garritan instruments.

You have Sib 4 - It's time for you to upgrade to the current version!

Randy B.

Go Back to forum