• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: TURNBERRY CYCLE (Garritan x 3!)

Share/Bookmark

TURNBERRY CYCLE (Garritan x 3!)

This is a companion piece (a second mvt., really) to a school band piece I posted a while back (The Wind Down Dornóch Bay). This was written at an advanced middle school/lower high school level.

This is primarily CMB, but I punched it up some with both GPO and JABB instruments here and there (so, I guess this is a CMBGPOJABB project! ).

I've included both mvts. here as well as a full score (now titled A Scottish Pair in its finished form).

http://dannywilliamsmusic.com/WindDownDornochBay.mp3
    http://dannywilliamsmusic.com/TurnberryCycle.mp3
    http://dannywilliamsmusic.com/AScottishPair.pdf

Thanks for listening -- and Happy Halloween!!

Re: TURNBERRY CYCLE (Garritan x 3!)

Big Bravos, Danny!

This is rich and delectable. A thoughtful and deep delving into the Scottish music which inspired it. Fantastic arrangement as well as an excellent recording.

Garritan X 3 - Isn't it great to be able to layer all these libraries, with such a wealth of great sounding instruments to choose from? Sounds like you made wise choices from the 3 pools.

I love this music immensely, Danny - Glad all of us here on the Forum have a chance to partake!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Dan,

Oh these are lovely works...very fine composing and presentation. You have gotten a very nice wind ensemble sound out of the libraries. These should work nicely for a good number of school bands out there.

BRAVO!

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Big Bravos, Danny!

This is rich and delectable. A thoughtful and deep delving into the Scottish music which inspired it. Fantastic arrangement as well as an excellent recording.

Garritan X 3 - Isn't it great to be able to layer all these libraries, with such a wealth of great sounding instruments to choose from? Sounds like you made wise choices from the 3 pools.

I love this music immensely, Danny - Glad all of us here on the Forum have a chance to partake!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Hi Randy,

Thanks for taking the time to listen and for your welcome comments on these. I really am attracted to the whole general Celtic-type of genre -- I guess the simple but romantic and emotional nature of it is a natural draw.

I was really pleased with the results of using the three libraries "in concert"; it added quite a bit to the tonal color and variations within each instrument section.

Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by GaryBric
    Dan,

Oh these are lovely works...very fine composing and presentation. You have gotten a very nice wind ensemble sound out of the libraries. These should work nicely for a good number of school bands out there.

BRAVO!

Gary

www.garybricault.com
    Hi Gary,

Thanks very much for such kind words! It looks like this piece will will probably be performed by a high school band here soon, so that should be an exciting event.

Thank you for taking the time to listen.

Great choice of instruments in this. Sort of an Irish feel to these that reminds me of the green isle.

Great work and I am sure there will be some school bands that will love to perform these.

Well done

Ron

Simply delightful. I really love this piece. Clever orchestration and beautiful rendering. Well done.
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Great choice of instruments in this. Sort of an Irish feel to these that reminds me of the green isle.

Great work and I am sure there will be some school bands that will love to perform these.

Well done

Ron
    Thanks, Ron, I certainly apprecaite your observations and comments. Hopefully, it might be performed now and then down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by fiziwig
    Simply delightful. I really love this piece. Clever orchestration and beautiful rendering. Well done.
    Thanks, Gary, for your kind words and taking some time out to listen. I appreciate it very much.

This was nice. It was romantic for me but also had some playfulness that made it fun to listen to.

I think this would be a fun and uplifting piece for students to play and for their parents and others to listen to.

Phil

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast