• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Reinstall GPO & JABB

Share/Bookmark

Reinstall GPO & JABB

I'm thinking of reinstalling both GPO and JABB. I've moved the samples to my sample drive and there have been three patches. I also seem to be missing some samples (pp, part of the new K2 Player, I think). It just seems that a fresh install might be in order.

Could anyone give me any do's and don't to make this a clean and proper install? Also, there shouldn't be any reason to need a new authorization, should there?

I also remember there being a some discussions somewhere on whether the DXi or VSTi version was better for Sonar. I'd just as soon install the one. Any other tips or tricks? Thanks alot.

Paul
    AMD Athlon 64X2 4400+ 2.2GHz
    XP Pro 2GB Ram
    80GB OS, 160GB Audio, 320GB Samples
    Delta 66 Omni Sonar 5PE GPO, JABB

Re: Reinstall GPO & JABB

Tip #1 for a clean install:
    Uninstall everything, including prefetch files if you have those somewhere.

Regarding VST/DX, I seem to recall the discussion as well. If memory serves, the DX instrument had some issue with tempo sync. It might have been a KP1-only issue, though I'm not really sure.

Thanks Reegs. I've been searching around and I'm not finding specifics. For example: What exactly do I need to reinstall? Should I start with the first version of GPO and then add the patches? Or does the most recent K2 patch have the entire program and samples?

I did send of an email to NI support about the authorization.

Paul
    XP Pro 2GB Ram

Quote Originally Posted by P R G
    Thanks Reegs. I've been searching around and I'm not finding specifics. For example: What exactly do I need to reinstall? Should I start with the first version of GPO and then add the patches? Or does the most recent K2 patch have the entire program and samples?

I did send of an email to NI support about the authorization.

Paul

Not 100% sure about the order being the most efficient, but it shouldn't give you problems. This also assumes you want to use only Kontakt Player 2. (It is possible to use both, but it involves some manual file-shuffling and I can't remember the procedure right now):

1. You'll need your original reinstall disks. These have the samples.
    2. Install this. Use the serial number for the original GPO.
    3. Run Service Center (which should also be completely uninstalled/reinstalled) and make the authorization happy.
    4. Then, make sure to install the KP1 updates. The latest available should suffice. These address a few extra samples (depending on when you got it, including brass overlays) documentation, and patches.
    5. Download and install the Kontakt Player 2. Install. Authorize with the KP2 serial number you got for GPO.
    6. Install the Kontakt Player 2 patch for GPO available through the Service center.
    7. Play!

Quote Originally Posted by Reegs
    Not 100% sure about the order being the most efficient, but it shouldn't give you problems. This also assumes you want to use only Kontakt Player 2. (It is possible to use both, but it involves some manual file-shuffling and I can't remember the procedure right now):
    1. You'll need your original reinstall disks. These have the samples.
    2. Install this. Use the serial number for the original GPO.
    3. Run Service Center (which should also be completely uninstalled/reinstalled) and make the authorization happy.
    4. Then, make sure to install the KP1 updates. The latest available should suffice. These address a few extra samples (depending on when you got it, including brass overlays) documentation, and patches.
    5. Download and install the Kontakt Player 2. Install. Authorize with the KP2 serial number you got for GPO.
    6. Install the Kontakt Player 2 patch for GPO available through the Service center.
    7. Play!
    Thanks Reegs. Yeah, I've followed the posts on installing the K2 update and I think I'll just let K1 go as I always render the parts to audio. I guess I'll follow your suggestions and just install everything from the disc on through the updates and see what happens. I was hopping there were instructions somewhere on the best procedure for a reinstall. BTW, I haven't heard back from NI yet. We'll see what they say. Thanks again.

Paul
    XP Pro 2GB Ram

I just did a reinstall of both versions of GPO

thread is at : http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=56751

fred

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes
    I just did a reinstall of both versions of GPO

thread is at : http://www.northernsounds.com/forum/...ad.php?t=56751

fred
    Thanks Fred. That apprears to be the consensis. Do you keep your samples on a seperate drive? If so, what problems have you had? I've moved mine but there are samples missing (pp). Thanks.

Paul
    XP Pro 2GB Ram

Yes, I keep all samples/libraries on a separate drive and have never had a problem with them. Occasionally I'll have an installer program NOTgive me a choice of where to put samples but generally there is a workaround. I think Cakewalk's Dimension Pro is an example of that situation.

Fred

Quote Originally Posted by fred Holmes
    Yes, I keep all samples/libraries on a separate drive and have never had a problem with them. Occasionally I'll have an installer program NOTgive me a choice of where to put samples but generally there is a workaround. I think Cakewalk's Dimension Pro is an example of that situation.

Fred
    Thanks Fred. I do as well but with the missing samples (pp) I thought I may have done something wrong. Hopefully the new install will take care of it. What can you tell me about these (pp samples)?

Paul
    XP Pro 2GB Ram

Paul,

Not sure what you mean by "pp samples
    Fred

Go Back to forum