• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: a summer meadow (string quartet)

a summer meadow (string quartet)

This string quartet uses GPO strings. All comments are welcome.

Re: a summer meadow (string quartet)

Nice work. I've always been partial to string quartets. Will there be more movements, or is this the complete work? (Just curious. It stands along very nicely, but a fast movement would be a nice complement to it.)
    --gary shannon
    Spooks! - The Movie

I love String Quartets. I have always found the secret to a good quartet is to be found in the dynamics of the piece. You have varied them perfectly. I do agree with fiziwig though, that a nice fast movement would compliment this one very well. But this one stands alone quite nicely.

Well done

Penfield (Rochester), NY

This is really an excellent work for strings, both in composition and the production. It would make a nice mid-section work in a program as a bridge piece. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: a summer meadow (string quartet)

Jay, lovely String quartet, you nailed this one well.

For the longest time i had trouble enjoying String quartets, always seemed like something missing there... like Brass, Woodwinds and Percussion, but listening to music on this forum while learning to create music has opened my ears to hearing more than ever before, much the same way as the prior studying photography opened my eyes to seeing more.

The joy of listening to a piece like this one makes me thankful of this new way of hearing.

I agree with the posts above, an uptempo movement noodling on these strings would be a nice complementing piece to this one.

Perth, Western Australia

Hi Jay

I've always loved string quartets. There is something so.. civilized about them. I really enjoyed listening to your piece. Would really like to hear more.
    thanks for sharing...

Daz :0)

Fiziwig, I had not planned on more movements but it certainly is something to think about. Thanks commenting and likeing my piece.

Ron, I have always been partial to string quartets. So much can been done with just the 4 instruments. I have been trying to get good dynamics and tempo control on these types of pieces. I am glad that you enjoyed it.

Hey Gary, thanks alot. I plan to do more string quartets in the future, and I may just add movements to this piece.

David, I appreciate your nice words. I agree with you about learning from this forum. I have learned so much from listening to members music and reading comments on my music as well as others.

Daz, thanks for taking time to listen and comment. I do plan to write more string pieces.

Fine writing job, Mr. Jay.

Good string 4-tets aren't easy to compose, but you have met the challenge admirably. I enjoyed it.

Keep up the good work.

Larry G. Alexander

Hi, Jay - I find it really fun that your postings are always a surprise, very Pleasant ones at that - I can never predict what you'll come up with next.

This is such an elegant, well-rounded piece you've posted. I for appreciate having a bit of summer here at the beginning of winter.

Beautiful job, my friend.

Randy B.

Thank you very much larry. I will try to 'keep up the good work'. Thanks for listening.

Randy, I enjoy writing for strings. I heard a great rendition by garybric of a GREIG dance (I think it was called 'amitras dance'.) Anyway I am going to try and write something in that style. It will definately be something different for me, but I want to try it anyway. When I get around to posting it, hope you will have a chance to hear it and comment on it. Thank you so much for listening my friend.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast